• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Compliments

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
I have had a day of seeing customers and they have all commented on how much weight i have lost and how well i look.

The problem is, i find it really hard to take the compliments.

Does anyone else experience this?

Good for you Gary ... its good that people are noticing & commenting but I don't think anyone who has had 'issues' will ever be able to take compliments in the spirit they were given as it is hard to see yourself the way they now do. Hope it gets better as you get more confidence in the new you ... Oh & corrrr & woohoo :D ;) :D xx

I do. I hate it actually. I wish people wouldn't compliment me at all. But then I'm sure I would be upset over that to lol. It actually makes me feel really uncomfortable. Not sure why. My neighbors all compliment me. But they start picking apart my body. Like oh look she lost weight in her face and her arms look smaller etc. That bothers me the most it makes me feel like im a piece of meat or something. Idk.

i think we feel that people must be lying because we are not worth it, we dont feel worthy. Just the way we are i guess, im very uncomfortable with compliments, i just think people are just saying it to make me feel good, cant possibly be true hahaha what we like!!!!!

i think we feel that people must be lying because we are not worth it, we dont feel worthy. Just the way we are i guess, im very uncomfortable with compliments, i just think people are just saying it to make me feel good, cant possibly be true hahaha what we like!!!!!

You is gorgeous honey & I do not fib xxx :D

I love it now and soak em up!Ive got 30 years of compliments to catch up on!

Gary First you must practice that smile :D
and then say "Thank you" its that easy.:cool:
Then learn to bite your lip before you say
1. "I haven't lost that much!" :ignore:
2. "You should see the loose skin I have got now":doh:
3. "But I think I have lost it all off my face and now I have loads of wrinkles" :grumble:
:rotflmao::rotflmao:

3. "But I think I have lost it all off my face and now I have loads of wrinkles" :grumble:

Its when I tell them I have lost 8 Stone and they say thats nearly as much as I weigh, I then follow up with, but I got a lot more to shift yet.

I guess Im use to putting myself down, I suppose practice will make perfect though :)

Like lamornamiss I was always told to smile and say thankyou,

Its when I tell them I have lost 8 Stone and they say thats nearly as much as I weigh, I then follow up with, but I got a lot more to shift yet.

I guess Im use to putting myself down, I suppose practice will make perfect though :)

I knew I'd missed one on what not to say to someone who pays you a compliment.

"OH but I've still got a lot to lose yet" :copon:

I must say that I'm looking forward to getting some compliments that aren't typical "chubby" related like "you've got a really pretty face" or "a bubbly personality". whilst they are nice to receive you can't help thinking that it just points out your size! do I sound ungrateful? anyway, I do think I will struggle with the weight loss compliments (if this surgery date ever comes around!) because I suppose it's actually pointing out the weight issue... but in a nice way, I'm waffling now so I'll stop :) .....

ps. PG. you do look great! just take the compliment and be proud of what you have achieved

Lynne
xxx

I appreciate compliments..but I notice I get a lot of backhanded ones like "You've got such pretty features, it didn't show before" or "Look at you, who'd have thought that's all you". Makes me really want to get violent, and then I have to remember to breathe. When I get sincere compliments, it's lovely, and to those, I just say thank you :)
Btw - you're looking great, congrats on doing so well, and wish you all the best with the rest :)

I have been working on a trade stand at the NEC for a few days and the customers that haven't seen me for a while have all commented on how much i have lost. So i have had to take compliments for three days solid :)

I have been working on a trade stand at the NEC for a few days and the customers that haven't seen me for a while have all commented on how much i have lost. So i have had to take compliments for three days solid :)

hahaha soak em up Gary :D xxx

Back