• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

confused bout restrication on band

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
now i know when u get ur band u dont get it filled till a few weeks after correct me if im wrong im not sure, but obviously ur stomach is smaller, (gosh i sound so silly :confused:) why is it not filled up untill a few weeks later?

was watchin fat doctor and i got confused lol pls no laughin at me even tho im doing it as i write this :D xx

If you get it filled straight away you wouldn't be able to swallow etc so they have to do it at intervals

Yes ur tummy is smaller after the op but it isn't restricted, the diet you are put on after your op is to kick start the weight loss and certain foods could annoy the band so you are advised to stay away from them ie chicken, rice & bread

Kate x

Im not a bander but I did watch the Fat Doctor today so I know what you are on about lol.:rolleyes:

I assumed that its also to do with your stomach being a bit swollen after the tugging etc. So it will be restricted a bit anyway. But I dont know for sure Im just assuming :p listen to what the banders say they know:D

now i know when u get ur band u dont get it filled till a few weeks after correct me if im wrong im not sure, but obviously ur stomach is smaller, (gosh i sound so silly :confused:) why is it not filled up untill a few weeks later?

was watchin fat doctor and i got confused lol pls no laughin at me even tho im doing it as i write this :D xx

Hi...it depends on who you have your band done by as to whether you have a fill straight away. What I mean is, I had mine done with THG and the day my op was done, they put 2mls in my 10ml band. I don't think it's done like this on NHS :confused:

best to check with your provider :)

I had mine with THG and Dr Sigurdson put in 4 mils during op. The swelling goes down and restriction is less and then it's time for a fill x

i have had a fill during both my band ops it kick starts the restriction when the swelling goes xxx then had 1st awake fills at week 6.

Not had mine yet but its not till 8 weeks after op, so will have to work hard as that does seem along time.
May ring up and double check that now i've heard all the others are about 6 weeks

Back