• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much is too much!!

bikerlady

Ive Just finished my 2 weeks liquid diet and yesterday was my first day of Mushy food. I had juice for breakfast then later in the day I had 2 scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese and a few mushrooms (which I ended up picking out), I ate most of the eggs. I later had shepherds pie (on a small side plate) I managed to eat it all but found eating slowly very hard, it took me about 20 mins using a tea spoon. Have I eaten too much too quickly? My weight problem wasnt really caused by what I ate but by the amount I ate, ive always been a big eater, but never picked between meals. I really want to get this right, can anyone please advise me :confused::confused:

I think until you hit 'real' food again, you don't really get the full affect of yr bypass, promise you it will kick in!

I was exactly the same at your stage felt like I was eating loads but it wasn't until I hit proper chewing stage that I realised how little I could eat.

One egg was almost too much for me and one weight watchers portion of shepherds pie would do me three meals.I had problems with sticking and my team said have say a weetabix for brekkie,babybel for elevenses,soup for lunch,few walnuts for afternoon snack and small portion of fish for tea.Suppertime I would have a milky coffee.Nas squash in between!.

hi bikerlady. just to clarify, was it a band or bypass u had? only i was told no mushy food for four weeks. i am 10 days post banding, and still on fluid n soups,, yuk,, Its so hard when cooking for the family then sittin with a flippin cup of soup. let me know how u get on,, mandy.

hi mandy, im pretty sure BLady is a bandit.

ive been told 3 weeks of liquid and i was feeling sorry for myself...4 weeks is horrendous!! who are u with?

Hi bikerbabe x

I should`nt worry too much just yet about the volume; because in time with your fills you will notice when you have had enough!

I should just make sure your first priority is your protein, then your veg, you should have very little room left for carbs after that but a small portion is fine.

I was told my meals should fit on a small teaplate, 2 thirds of it protein and veg, then if wanted some carbs.

I think when you start back on to the `real` foods again you will be able to gauge it.

Something like shepherds pie I guess you mashed it all up. Did you have any veg with it?
When I had shepherds pie, I used to scrape off half the potato, before blending it, then cook some spinach and mash it in with it.

Hope this helps hun x

Love Kat x

Hi BL,

Its sounds normal to me.
Im 5 days on mushies now and im managing on average:-
B - 1 weetabix with loads of milk
L - Half a can of tuna with mayo & grated cheese
D - 75% of a minced up chicken breast with about 2 tablespoons of veggies mushed up with philly.

Im not hungry inbetween meals at all.

hi bikerlady. just to clarify, was it a band or bypass u had? only i was told no mushy food for four weeks. i am 10 days post banding, and still on fluid n soups,, yuk,, Its so hard when cooking for the family then sittin with a flippin cup of soup. let me know how u get on,, mandy.
Hi Mandy, thanks for your reply, I had the band with THG. I was given a booklet with guidance of what you should have from weeks 0-2 (liquids) weeks 2-4 (mushy) 4 weeks onwards normal food but with certain types of foods to avoid. I am still a little concerned with how much I should be eating now I am on Mushy, I am so scared of over eating and stretching my pouch! :-(

Hi bikerbabe x

I should`nt worry too much just yet about the volume; because in time with your fills you will notice when you have had enough!

I should just make sure your first priority is your protein, then your veg, you should have very little room left for carbs after that but a small portion is fine.

I was told my meals should fit on a small teaplate, 2 thirds of it protein and veg, then if wanted some carbs.

I think when you start back on to the `real` foods again you will be able to gauge it.

Something like shepherds pie I guess you mashed it all up. Did you have any veg with it?
When I had shepherds pie, I used to scrape off half the potato, before blending it, then cook some spinach and mash it in with it.

Hope this helps hun x

Love Kat x
Hi Kat, thanks very much for your comments, i used a small side plate and had very little potato on top, I did sprinkle a little cheese on and a floret of broccoli. I did blend it :-( (never thought about that!) I just chewed for ages until the beef was ground up! to be honest, making it last 20 mins is hard work for me! ( my trouble was I ate too much too fast!) I am worried that I can eat too much and not feel it. I guess I am scared I will stretch my pouch, oooooooh its a worry, I just feel like I am doing it wrong. like for eg, I had a small tin of mackeral in tom sauce mashed up with a bit of cheese (sounds yuk, but lovely! haha) but I managed to eat it no problem, afterwards I thought maybe i shouldnt have had it all!!!! Can you give me an example of what you might have had in a day at the mushy stage? Thanks :)

Hi BL,

Its sounds normal to me.
Im 5 days on mushies now and im managing on average:-
B - 1 weetabix with loads of milk
L - Half a can of tuna with mayo & grated cheese
D - 75% of a minced up chicken breast with about 2 tablespoons of veggies mushed up with philly.

Im not hungry inbetween meals at all.
Hi tam, thanks so much. Your doing fab, 20 lb already wow! how long would that have took before op hey!! well done hun.
I will try your diet too, when you say minced chicken, do you mince that yourself (gravy?) I think because I was a big eater before, I am worried thats what I am doing now. I dont want to undo any of the good work. I am sticking to using a side plate, not hungry between meals, in fact I could probably miss meals and not be hungry, I just need to get used to the idea that I only need very small amounts, I honestly think I could eat much more if it was on my plate though!! This is harder than the liquid diet for me, with liquids it took away the risk of over eating!

Back