• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Heat

MrsPill

Is anyone else's band affected by the heat? I had a fill 2 weeks ago and it feels really really tight now. It relaxed a bit after a few days and it has been difficult to eat very much at all but see over the weekend when it was really hot, I've PB'd more than I ever have and barely kept anything down and it was starting to worry me. However, today its cooler and I've not had any problem and I can burp again!
Am I alone in having this effect?

Oh dear, thats not nice!

Cant say I have had this problem but I do find my appetite decreases in the warm weather x

Not me but Michelle mentioned hers was tighter (flutterby) but don't think it was making her bring food back though (could be wrong) hope it settles soon x

I wonder if because its now really really tight, its a matter of me learning how to eat again because tbh, this seems to be how everyone else is...ie not being able to tolerate certain foods. I've been able to eat vast quantites before and every type of food too but I can't eat bread, rice, stringy veg now which is typical of others experiences. I've also been able to eat quite fast before the last fill too and now it bites back if I gorge!

Yes that sounds normal....I can honestly say I have only learnt to work with my band in this last month! Identifying what to do to prevent overdoing it is an art form lol X

Mrs P, my band seems really affected by the heat. I always fluctuate with restriction levels during the month, and I know now is when I generally feel perfect restriction. While I don't have enough restriction to eat a teeny side plate of food portion size, I feel very tight (for me) at moment with the heat. I weighed myself this morning and have lost 4lbs since the weekend, which is too much for me at this stage in the game tbh. I want to be maintaining not losing...

What are you thinking of doing? Get a little removed from the band, or maybe up your nutritional intake from a bit of slider food, till the tightness subsides? Oh what choices. Don't let the heat make you suffer xxx

I don't want a defill because I feel its now working how its meant to. I'm struggling with tea plates of food now and I really have to slow down because if I eat too fast at the start of a meal I regret it as I PB like crazy! BUT, (and its a big but) I don't want it to be this tight forever. I'm gonna use this restriction to really kickstart the weightloss. I've lost half the amount over the year that you (FB) have and whilst its not a race I really don't think I've been restricted enough. I'm getting protein down if I really take my time so I'm not worried about my nutritional status but the constipation is a bit of a killer!! (sorry if its TMI) The heat is definitely having an impact though and also I can feel it being a bit temperamental too. I had a nice lunch today ( Salad and smoked mackerel) and it went down a treat then this afternoon I had a really really stressful time at work with some bad stuff going on and this evening I could barely get my tea down. (piece of fish baked in oven so not the hardest thing to eat)

I feel like this is how it should be but its like every time I've had a fill I've had to relearn my eating again and this time its for real....almost like I've been working up to this. I suppose the real test is the scales this weekend because I haven't lost for weeks before this last fill.

Anyhoo...I'm not really suffering....just relearning :) and I'm so glad that someone else has the 'heat' effect but I hope you don't lose too much!

I know what you mean about enjoying a level of restriction. Most of the time I have used calorie counting to keep me on track as I think relying on my band totally would have meant the weight loss would have been much slower. In this heat, totm and/or when i am stressed are the only times I have felt the level of restriction that banders who rely on their bands, must feel. Heh, I am perfectly happy though. Enjoy my slider food for a few days :D

Enjoy that kick start, cos as the weight drops off you, the band will loosen anyway. Hoping those scales are your best friend this week, together with your band. Sending big virtual hug and positive vibes xxx

Hi,

I have been feeling really tight since sunday with a few aches and pains (banded 4 weeks ago) and can hardly eat a thing but today not as tight.

So your question has answered my questions lol and guess what I am going on hol on sat in the heat grrrr I hope i dont suffer to much.

i have 4ml in a 10ml band.

sue

Back