• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Considering a sleeve abroad

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Hello everyone :)
I'm now considering going abroad for a sleeve :)
I would love the benefit of all your research and experience, ie: where to go, cost, surgeon etc.

Thank you all so much in advance :) xxx

Caren..fab that this could be an option for you! X

Caren..fab that this could be an option for you! X
thanks jo :) my mum was going to sell her garage to pay for my bypass, but we couldnt get enough for it. But we might for a sleeve abroad :) xxx

Hope this option works for you hun xxxxx

If you can I say go for it :) their are some great hospitals abroad, and the sleeve is getting great results. I love my sleeve and would recommend it to anyone x

Just wanted to say
good-luck_8953_1.jpg

Hi Caren,

This is the thread which Wannabeminime started for the purpose of detailing *all* her research into various companies offering the sleeve (and bypass) abroad:

http://www.wlsurgery.com/general-su...on/137902-my-research-conclusion-reached.html

But it is the later pages where Becky (wannabeminime) came to her conclusion about who *she* had decided to go with:

http://www.wlsurgery.com/general-su.../137902-my-research-conclusion-reached-4.html

From post number 50 onwards on page 4.

However, feel free to browse any of the other info Becky had collected about Cosmetic Bliss, Bodies Beautiful and othe clinics etc !!

Good luck with whatever you decide -- hope your mother's garage is worth it !! :D :D

Hi Caren,

This is the thread which Wannabeminime started for the purpose of detailing *all* her research into various companies offering the sleeve (and bypass) abroad:

http://www.wlsurgery.com/general-su...on/137902-my-research-conclusion-reached.html

But it is the later pages where Becky (wannabeminime) came to her conclusion about who *she* had decided to go with:

http://www.wlsurgery.com/general-su.../137902-my-research-conclusion-reached-4.html

From post number 50 onwards on page 4.

However, feel free to browse any of the other info Becky had collected about Cosmetic Bliss, Bodies Beautiful and othe clinics etc !!

Good luck with whatever you decide -- hope your mother's garage is worth it !! :D :D
thanks so much sharon, you're a gem :) xxx

I think that's a fab idea hun! You SHOULD be getting it on the nhs - you're no less deserving than anyone else BUT this could be the ideal thing for you xxx

Good luck hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oh Caren as I have said, you deserve your sleeve more than anyone...so if going abroad means you can afford it, go for it! Just be careful your provider is reputable and you're not "cheaping out" on aftercare and skills in the op itself. Of course, paying a fortune doesn't guarantee anything, but just be careful and look at customer feedback. I wish you all the best with all my heart. Keep us posted!

I have been thinking about it , too Caren. I have been offered a Band but, really don't think I will work well with that, which seems selfish considering you haven't been awarded anything from your PCT.

My finances aren't good but, I have looked into going to India (they have some very good surgeons and facilities there ( plus I love going there, too) and it seems to cost around £4,100 for a Sleeve (its qoted in US dollars at $7000).

Oh Caren as I have said, you deserve your sleeve more than anyone...so if going abroad means you can afford it, go for it! Just be careful your provider is reputable and you're not "cheaping out" on aftercare and skills in the op itself. Of course, paying a fortune doesn't guarantee anything, but just be careful and look at customer feedback. I wish you all the best with all my heart. Keep us posted!
Ruthie, more than anything I dont want to go abroad :( but hey, beggars cant be choosers. I just hope that my mum can sell her garage xxx

I have been thinking about it , too Caren. I have been offered a Band but, really don't think I will work well with that, which seems selfish considering you haven't been awarded anything from your PCT.

My finances aren't good but, I have looked into going to India (they have some very good surgeons and facilities there ( plus I love going there, too) and it seems to cost around £4,100 for a Sleeve (its qoted in US dollars at $7000).
wow india? isnt that a bit far to travel? especially coming home xxx

It is a long haul flight ( 10 hours ) but, was thinking of staying out there for 3 weeks...get my monies worth of sun too !!!

It is a long haul flight ( 10 hours ) but, was thinking of staying out there for 3 weeks...get my monies worth of sun too !!!
ah great idea :) reccuperate in lovely India, enjoy :) xxx

Caren, If you were going for a band I'd say woa -think of the aftercare i..e fills and defills -but for a sleeve it's got to be worth considering. I'm a chicken so would want to stay Europish-but then I'm not great at flying either. The sleeve seems to be the op of the future and and I wish you well with this
xx

Last edited:
caren, If you were going for a band I'd say woa -think of the aftercare i..e fills and defills -but for a sleeve it's got to be worth considering. I'm a chicken so would want to stay Europish-but then I'm not great at flying either. The sleeve seems to be the op of the future and and I wish you well with this
xx
Thanks Miss T, ive been thinking of the sleeve for a while, just would rather have it here, but hey, I cant. I'd like to find the prices for these all in ones, that include flights, hotels etc xxx

You could go together, each supporting each other, less scary
Kim
the only problem with that is i dont want to go to india for a holiday lol i just want to go somewhere close, have it done then come home. If anyone else is doing that, i'm up for going together x

Back