• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Considering gastric band but scared

I get dumped too with all my previous ops. Men don't manage the wait well. Mine doesn't anyway. Looks like candy crush will get a thrashing then :p

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Did u guys have someone atay with u til yous went to theatre? My partner is just dropping me off he has no intentions of staying with me, feel a bit sorry for myself haha x
I got dropped off and stayed myself. Brought newspaper and a book with me, as well as my iPhone so I could stay in touch with the world. Staff are all very nice and more than helpful. They were keen to know more about my surgery and how it would change my eating habits etc...

Just me being a wee wimp then haha :) nerves r def kicking in ... 5 more sleeps eeek x
You will be grand. It's only natural to be anxious. I was the same but then I remembered why I was having surgery and what I wanted to achieve and got that positive thought to the fore of my thoughts.

i told my hubby he has to wait til op is over so he can report back to the kids for me as i dont want to be making umpteen phone calls right after surgery

Are you looking forward to moving on to the pureed diet soon? I started it today as I am 14 days post op, couldn't manage to eat much, felt like too much efford!

It's a new life start on fluids move to purée the soft sloppy then soft then normal and not much sweetness
But it is a rebirth hee hee

Are you looking forward to moving on to the pureed diet soon? I started it today as I am 14 days post op, couldn't manage to eat much, felt like too much efford!
Hi Donna I'm on puréed diet until Wednesday and then go on soft mushy diet. Can't wait, although this puréed isn't too bad. What surgery did u have?

Hi Sorrymisjackson are you all ready for tomorrow? Good luck with surgery and let us know how u get on. Time tomorrow will go so quick. What time have you to be in for?

Hi Corgi7

I had a band fitted on 5th January, finished my two week liquid diet yesterday, which I enjoyed, weight is coming off steadily and today is my first pureed food, so far each meal I've managed only about a tablespoon of food, I am hoping it gets better as I am now having less calories than the fluid diet. Any recommendations on nice pureed food to eat?

Hi Corgi7 I had a band fitted on 5th January, finished my two week liquid diet yesterday, which I enjoyed, weight is coming off steadily and today is my first pureed food, so far each meal I've managed only about a tablespoon of food, I am hoping it gets better as I am now having less calories than the fluid diet. Any recommendations on nice pureed food to eat?
I just purée normal dinners. Today I puréed beef casserole, potato, carrots and parsnip and mixed with gravy . I have enough left for tomorrow's dinner. I take a ramekin dish portion per meal. I have also puréed baked white fish, potato, veg and parsley sauce. I enjoyed this. Mince, carrots, onions and potato is another favourite. The texture I aim for is the same texture as stewed apples, which I have also eaten.

Corgi how are you getting on? Almost a week post op for me and cant believe the diff, can honestly say the pain the first 4 days for me was hell but what a diff now :) have you had ur post op mtg with the surgeon? Hows ur weight loss going? Ive lost 10lbs from op but im putting that down to recovery but it was a silver lining x

Hi Nicola I'm great. I've lost 18lb since I got my band. In total I've lost 32lb since start of my pre op diet. I never suffered much pain but real problem trying to get my bowels to move. But hopefully will settle soon

Back