• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Considering my options for WLS

Penelope26

Hello,
I’m 26yo and have been considering WLS seriously for the past year or so. On top of being overweight (22stone) I have PCOS and a slipped disc, have been struggling to conceive for nearly 2and a half years.
WLS seems like it would help it so many different ways it worries me that maybe it’s too good to be true? I know there are pros and cons as I have read about them already but the realist of me ever being s size 12-14 just feels impossible right now.
I can’t afford to have surgery done in UK so have been looking at going abroad, probably Belgium through Europe Surgery, most likely for mini bypass. I took the first step of emailing to arrange a consultation today but just feel like I have so many questions. I’ve been reading this forum on and off for the last few months before signing up today.
Any advice or support would be welcomed.
Has anyone been through Europe Surgery before and if so how was it?
I work for NHS so am having conflicting emotions about paying private for a facility in another country when I cannot even locate their CQC reports?! Haha sorry for lengthy message, just having a mini meltdown. Thanks

Hi, I don't really know anything about surgery abroad apart from I did consider it when I had my band fitted. There are a few people on here who have had surgery abroad. Hope you find the answers. Good luck x

Hello,
I’m 26yo and have been considering WLS seriously for the past year or so. On top of being overweight (22stone) I have PCOS and a slipped disc, have been struggling to conceive for nearly 2and a half years.
WLS seems like it would help it so many different ways it worries me that maybe it’s too good to be true? I know there are pros and cons as I have read about them already but the realist of me ever being s size 12-14 just feels impossible right now.
I can’t afford to have surgery done in UK so have been looking at going abroad, probably Belgium through Europe Surgery, most likely for mini bypass. I took the first step of emailing to arrange a consultation today but just feel like I have so many questions. I’ve been reading this forum on and off for the last few months before signing up today.
Any advice or support would be welcomed.
Has anyone been through Europe Surgery before and if so how was it?
I work for NHS so am having conflicting emotions about paying private for a facility in another country when I cannot even locate their CQC reports?! Haha sorry for lengthy message, just having a mini meltdown. Thanks
I don’t know anything about surgery abroad but wanted to wish you luck. My friend had a bypass in Lithuania and has lost 8 stone in a year

I say do it whatever way you can. I was similar weight to u. 6months since surgery at nearly 7stone gone. Best thing I've ever done apart from my daughter. Good luck

Back