• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie here, considering gastric band!

Katie_25

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm Katie and i've been browsing this forum for a couple of weeks or so now and I must say I find it very supportive and informative :).
I'm considering the gastric band and i've got a consultation booked for 17th Sept at the Nuffield hospital at Leeds with Professor Mcmahon. Has anyone had the prof, or had surgery at the Nuffield? Would be great to hear your experiences if you have.
I'm hoping to have the op done around Oct time if they agree to do the surgery. I'm having it done privately now as i've been knocked back twice for NHS since they've now changed the guidelines... damn PCT!
I'm really excited about having the band, but scared out of my wits at the same time. I've never had any surgery, never had to stay in hospital, I think the most serious illness i've had is flu, lol... although I do suffer with PCOS, which is very frustrating.
I have found reading posts of people's experiences on here very comforting though and it is putting my mind at ease, so just wanted to say thanks to everyone for that. I don't know anyone that's had WLS so forums such as these are very helpful! :)

Hi Katie

Good luck with your appointment, you will be booked in before you know it! You will be fine x

Hello Katie,

Wellcome to Minis.

Good luck with your appointment.

:) xxxxx

Thanks Mazza :), i'm trying to think of a list of questions to ask the surgeon when I go for my consultation as I know i'll probably get overwhelmed and forget half the things I wanted to ask, lol. Did anyone else do this?

helo katie wellcome to minis good luck for op looking forward to hearing how it goes ..............kath x

Thanks for the welcome Emma Louise and Kath :)

Thanks Mazza :), i'm trying to think of a list of questions to ask the surgeon when I go for my consultation as I know i'll probably get overwhelmed and forget half the things I wanted to ask, lol. Did anyone else do this?

Yes I think everyone does this, we will all have our different questions but Im sure your surgeon will have heard them all before and can put your mind at rest :D

hi and welcome to Mini's :D Just wanted to wish you good luck on your journey.

I know theres a couple of people been to the Nuffield for surgery though Ive slept since I read it so sorry cant remember who. But Im sure they will be along shortly to put your mind at ease :D

Thanks elffie :). I went to a support group at Nuffield last week, however the group was open to people from other private hospitals and NHS too, and no-one there had actually had their op at Nuffield, although i'm told some of the regulars were missing... so still not spoken to anyone that's had it done there, lol. I did find the support group helpful though, although it's only once a month, so forums such as these seem to be answering more of my questions at the moment.

Yeah its a mine of info on here as there are a lot of people that are all at different stages in their journey. Also loads of yummy recipes and meal ideas as well as ideas for questions for your surgeon, and ofc the experiences everyone has had. Definatley a few hours reading at the least lol

Fingers crossed someone will be along soon. If I didnt wipe my memory every time I slept I might be of use lol :p

I'm the same, not got the greatest memory, lol. There is so much to go through on here isn't there, will take me quite a while I think. I've looked at some of the band meals threads and they look pretty good, so hopefully i'll be able to cope. Although I do love my carbs so looks like i'll have to knock that on the head! Was looking at the before and after photo's too... very inspirational! Just really glad I came across his site, i'm sure i'll make good use of it. :D

Hi and welcome to minis you will get loads of advice on this site. Everyone is so supportive and welcoming. Good luck with your appt, I know there are a couple of people on here that have had their surgery at the Nuffield Leeds but at the moment can't remember who they are. If the old grey matter starts working will send you a message.

Searched and one is Krazykelly, she had hers very recently.

Hi Kate...welcome to Minis :welcome:

I had my band with THG (don't recommend them :() but will try and help with any questions you may have :)

good luck xx

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes. It's taking me some time to get through the info on the site, there's just so much, lol. I'm sure i'll be bombarding you all with questions soon once i've had time to let it all sink in.

Back