• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constantly hungry

fbscpa

So my band is restricting quite a lot - but I seem to be hungry *a lot* between meals. I don't seem to be eat enough comfortably to satisfy myself.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I was thinking maybe the band is a bit tight, although I am quite stressed and hormonal at the moment so was going to give it a few days before contacting my provider.

my hunger never goes away, my band has never taken it away, when you say you can't eat enough comfortably, how much are you able to eat?

How long does it take after you've eaten to feel hungry? Or is it pretty constant? Have you been able to attempt drier and crunchier foods to help keep you fuller for longer?

Hi Topkat,

I am making myself eat drier/crunchier foods as I know they should fill me up longer. It's just over the last two days they haven't really been staying down very long. I couldn't eat a chicken/pasta salad yesterday lunch time, but managed to keep down half a steak wrap sandwich down a few hours later. Though I was hungry again pretty much half an hour or so later.

I hadn't been able to eat much breakfast either though - perhaps my band was just playing up yesterday, as I say I had a pretty stressful day. I'll see how I get on over the next few days....

Its good to give it time sometimes as the level of restriction can vary throughout the month. I have three loose weeks and one when I can eat far less. I personally do find being too tight can limit intake too much so even though I cannot each much, I still feel hungry. The right level of restriction together with the right texture of foods definitely helps reduce the hunger feeling. Stress can make things worse, so I have protein shakes then to fill me up. Its a fine balance and a bit of trial and error, but you can get there xx

Hi Topkat,

I am making myself eat drier/crunchier foods as I know they should fill me up longer. It's just over the last two days they haven't really been staying down very long. I couldn't eat a chicken/pasta salad yesterday lunch time, but managed to keep down half a steak wrap sandwich down a few hours later. Though I was hungry again pretty much half an hour or so later.

I hadn't been able to eat much breakfast either though - perhaps my band was just playing up yesterday, as I say I had a pretty stressful day. I'll see how I get on over the next few days....

When you say haven't been staying down long do you mean you're then being sick? It maybe if you have tighter restriction that you're eating things that the band doesn't agree with, often the first things to go are breads, wraps, pasta, rice and red meat, these are things many people find difficult. Maybe worth steering away from them, trying crunchier veg, stir frys, with some protein because if the band is tight the things such as pasta, sandwiches etc will be hard, on the band and the stomach.

As flutterby mentions protein shakes or even milky coffees can help take the edge off, but I would certainly try changing the foods you're eating first because it could be just a need to change what you're eating, or indeed much smaller mouthfuls, chewing more and waiting much longer between mouthfuls. Even if you follow the 30/30/20 or 20/20/20 rule as restriction gets tighter this can not be long enough to chew or wait :)

So my band is restricting quite a lot - but I seem to be hungry *a lot* between meals. I don't seem to be eat enough comfortably to satisfy myself.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I was thinking maybe the band is a bit tight, although I am quite stressed and hormonal at the moment so was going to give it a few days before contacting my provider.

Hello, im just the same. I only have 4.5mls in my band but am so tight and I know its because im stressed/anxious/due on! Am finding myself snacking on crap just to keep something down! I know I will back to normal in a weeks time tho....1 week every month I tend to pb most days, but the other 3 weeks absolutely fine! Lol x

I woke up on sunday morning feeling awful, think I have either the flu or tonsillitis. Guess this might explain why I was experiencing some difficulties with the band. I've been on liquids and intend to stay on them till I'm better - don't have much of an appetite now anyway!

Thanks for your replies though :) x

I don't know what about you, but two years out and I never seem to be abke to be full iN MY STOMACH.
if I eat I have to stop because I cannot eat anymore but not because I am full.
I have a pain in my chest and then I cannot eat but still hungry.
anybody like me out there?

hope you feel better soon hun! julcsi maybe youve got somethin stuck? i got some garlic bread stuck last night couldnt eat anythin else but was hungry x x

I don't know what about you, but two years out and I never seem to be abke to be full iN MY STOMACH.
if I eat I have to stop because I cannot eat anymore but not because I am full.
I have a pain in my chest and then I cannot eat but still hungry.
anybody like me out there?

That only happens if I eat too quickly, or have the wrong thing..

Back