• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hungry

Gems123

Hi all, just another question, I seem to be always asking silly questions on here, I was banded on 21st, I am starting to get hungry, I am not eating that much at the moment, half a sloppy weetabix, a cuppa soup and evening meal of soup with a yougurt snack, I am starting to feel really hungry and had half a tin of spagetti hoops this evening.

Is anyone else finding they are starting to get hungry?

I was banded on 4 may. I'm getting my first fill on Monday (3 June) which will be 4 weeks post op.

My appetite now is pretty much back to normal- only I am more aware And conscious of what I eat and choose to eat!

X

I'm 2 weeks out and just gone onto mushy food. I am hungry all the time, but am trying to be sensible. I was told I could have anything that I could break up with a fork. S tried baked beans and fish fingers today as we were out and about. I ordered the children's beans fish fingers and boiled potatoes. My mum had the potatoes and I peeled most of the breadcrumbs off the fish fingers. I didn't feel full but did stop feeling hungry. I fact I haven't wanted any tea when we got home.

It's really weird coz I don't feel full just ... Sort of empty!!

I have no restriction, although have 4mls in a 10mls band. I just am trying to eat sensibly but seem to have stopped eating the right amount. I know it is early days...but.

I only lost half a pound this week.... Again I know that it's early days but when I haven't managed to eat more than 600 calories a day surely I should have lost more??

There in lies the problem, if you are hungry have something.

You won't lose weight consuming only 600 calories, your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto the weight for dear life.

Gems123, it sounds like you are only having around 300 calories, thats not much at all. I know its early days still but have a read of your post op diet sheet. Are you allowed slim fast for instance, the ready made ones have around 200 cals and lots of vitamins etc.

How much were you told to have on the mushy stage tubbytutor? I was told to have no more than 6 tablespoons but I usualy managed around four.

Hi Mazza

I wasn't told any amounts, just to stop when you feel full!!

At the time that seemed to make sense, but now I haven't got any familiar sensations in my tummy.
Having said that I had a small amount of homemade spaghetti bolognaise puréed with phili light and I feel really sick. Maybe that's my new 'full' feeling?

you shouldn't feel sick, it's more likely that the pasta isn't agreeing with you. You are still early post op, and if you are on mash (?) move to things such as mushy/puréed veg, things which are protein focused too, but you may find you need to at more often starving yourself isn't the answer, but finding what foods you can tolerate can ate time. Follow the rule of chew a mouthful for 20 secs, wait 20 secs and then only eat for 20 mins (or 30 secs as my provider suggested) this gives your brain time to register so you don't then overheat, feeling sick shouldn't be the new normal....

Thanks topkat

To be honest there was just the sauce not the pasta.
I think I may have just eaten too much. It took hours for the pain to pass, but it did. So I have been more careful today.

Back