• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Don't know whether to book a fill

I'm not sure what to do.. I'm still getting hungry between meals.. The problem is that the more that's in the band obviously I can feel it.. But then I can't stop myself from getting a fill because I don't like the feeling of it getting bigger lol .. What to do..x

Ring your provider and have a chat. Feeling hungry is normal and doesn't necessarily mean you need a fill. Your dietician will want to make sure you are eating the right sort of foods before considering if you need one xx

Before attempting a fill, have you looked at what you're eating to change it over to more filling foods? the drier and crunchier the better? Things that will help you feel fuller for longer.

Often it can be as simple as changing what we eat to get that fullness and to keep the hunger at bay.

On saying that, even after all of my fills, my hunger has always been there and at the 12 month mark it has been literally 24/7.

My fills haven't taken that hunger away at all and my provider has said it is unlikely that it will. Even my most recent fill (taken me to 12mls in my 14ml band) hasn't done so, while it has given me elements of restriction it has only done so in the types of food I can or more so cannot eat, and while in the first 2 weeks it did take away the hunger feelings that I was having 24/7, and made it after a few hours, but those constant hunger feelings are back, just as they always were. I've now got to work to find foods that I can eat (not proving easy since this recent fill) but ones which will help to keep the hunger at bay as much as poss.

My provider said that some people produce more of the hunger hormone grehlin and as such, the band and the fills do not stop its production, and as such, whatever is in the band, that will not stop. In these cases we have to find food that keeps the hunger at bay as much as possible, by slow energy release foods, but for band terms, dry and crunchy to help :)

But get in touch with them, be guided by them, but worth if you feel as you do with the band, to really look at the food that you eat, do you drink with or after food? If so, extend the time that you drink after which can also help.

My fills have not necessarily taken the hunger away. I try to focus on my protein intake as this keeps it at bay longer but I don't like the feeling of being really full so I tend to just limit myself within reason. I had a fill this morning and I am now at 6.5mls in a 10ml band

ThAnks go the replies, I will ring for a dietician appt today I haven't spoken to a dietician since June so well overdue a chat xxx

Back