• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constantly vomiting..........

kellycrabb

Have just registered on this site as I am hoping for some advice if possible?

I had a gastric band on the NHS in April 2011, initially it went really well. The op itself was a success and there were no problems and in the first 6 months I lost 4.5st. However after this I started to rebel against it after it was tightened too much. Needless to say the weight that I lost has been gained again....

My band currently has no restriction but I seem to constantly feel sick and end up being sick, it has now got to the stage where I don't feel that I can eat out and I usually end up filling up on crisps, biscuits and chocolate as I don't seem to end up being sick then. My diet is now horrific and I know I am not getting the nutrients I really need but I don't really know what to do?

Does or has anyone else suffered from this, I thought if there was no restriction then there would be no problems, I really want it taken out but not really sure if what I am experiencing is normal or where to start as had no contact with the hospital since I had the band loosened about 2 years ago?

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Thank you xx

Yes I have, sounds like your band has slipped (the tubing has come down and some of the bottom stomach has gone over it). You need to get a test to check, then take advice from the doctors. If it is mild you can try resting it, I.e going on a liquid diet for around six weeks then starting all the phases again (soft, mashies, textured etc) this gives your tummy a chance to rest and hopefully unslip itself. You must do whatever you can to stop vomiting so that's why going back to liquids might help, plus really listening yo your body of when to stop eating to avoid being sick. If you can't get your GP to to this and your original provider cant help or you have to pay when you don't want to you could try the liquids bit first to see if it helps.
Of course I am not a Doctor and I could be completely wrong so if you can try to get it checked out especially if you are also suffering from acid reflux. Good luck and I hope it's an easy fix for you xxx

Back