• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constipation - very sensitive/personal

J-Mo

PLEASE!! Someone, help me have a poo!! :cry:

I've not had one since before my bypass, its making me feel very low & unwell.

Went to see my GP today & waited over an hour after my appointment before I got in to see him. He was then in a foul mood!! I really could have slapped his face he was so snotty!! The problem is he has taken on too many new patients from the new estates being built in our area. Instead of taking on more doctors to help he doesn't & simply employs a locum occasionally!!

Anyway, I asked him for something for my constipation & he said all I could have was senna. I explained this does not work for me & could I have the suppositories he prescribed me some time ago. He said no unless I wanted to wait for the nurse to become available so he could examine me.

Yeah, cos I given up 90 minutes of my life that I'll never get back waiting for you, you pompous pr**k!!

So I've come home with senna & hoping that it might work after my bypass.

Has anyone else had this problem & what did you use?

I know its a sensitive subject & I hope I've not offended anyone but I'm desperate.

I know people say drink loads and that will help but Im not sure what else to try......hope it eases soon hun XX

Movicol worked for me Mine was that bad I had pains all over it was that compacted

Movicol is usualy the best solution, i dont know if its just a prescrition thing, someone may know if it can bought over the counter ? i hope you feel better soon Jacci x

Hi J-mo
I had my op 5 days after you and i still havent 'been' im starting to wonder how long i should leave it before i ring the doc ? im not in any pain yet but just feel that i ought to be going really lol
xxx

Movicol can be bought over the counter its quite expensive, Boots is the cheapest at about £11. You can follow the instructions for an impacted bowel on it hun to help you. I swear by the stuff, not the nicest but worth it x

My fella just come in with a box of it!! Makes a change from choccies & wine ;)

My fella just come in with a box of it!! Makes a change from choccies & wine ;)

What a good man !! :) let me know if it works as i think i may need it soon :S xxx

Wow @ £11 a box it better work lol......he must love you Jacci, my hubby would rather re-plumb me himself than fork out 11 quid for Movicol :D X

is that the stuff charis told you about last night ?

i hope it helps you , just think you'll be a stone lighter when its gone - sorry i couldnt resist.

xxxxx

i think most teams tend to advice movicol zoe hun, its a lot more gentle than senna and works better, so jmo should be ok with it. good luck jmo hun, hope u get some relief soon huni,hugs xxx

Ahh aint love grand,to bring you the thing you most wanted nevermind chocs and flowers!Keep hydrated with dilute fresh orange.

Back