• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constipation - very sensitive/personal

is that the stuff charis told you about last night ?

i hope it helps you , just think you'll be a stone lighter when its gone - sorry i couldnt resist.

xxxxx

Charis mentioned Benefibre but he couldn't get any. But movicol is fantastic & I do feel like I've lost a stone u cheey so 'n' so!! :D

i think most teams tend to advice movicol zoe hun, its a lot more gentle than senna and works better, so jmo should be ok with it. good luck jmo hun, hope u get some relief soon huni,hugs xxx

Thanks Dawny, it worked a treat & I feel much better.

Thanks everyone for your advice I'm now sorted ;)

I keep hearing on this forum about 'ringing your team' however, I have never been given a telephone number of anyone to ring. Even when I have rung the surgeons secretary's I have gone through the hospital's main switchboard.

Its amazing that although we have all undergone the same surgery we gt told so much different information from our 'teams'.

But all I can say if thank goodness for Movicol!!!!

im so glad you feel better jacki huni, i asked my gp for some movical when i put my repeat prescription in, well i asked the receptionist if she would ask the doctor for it, so i didnt know till my meds were delivered if i had got it or not, well i did get something, but it wasnt movical, its the same sort of stuff but its called 'laxido', but my gp always tries to find a cheaper alternative if he can, all i can say is, it works just as good, lol. the dietician at my hospital said i could have senna, which is what ive always been given, cos a lot of meds that i take can cause constipation, but since ive had my op, ive found it causes a lot of gripes, so stopped taking it. so even though my team said it was ok, it wasnt actually ok for me personally now. im just so glad ive got a good alternative. lets hope you stay settled now jackie eh. big hugs xxx

Jmo I am glad the earth moved for you and that you are feeling better, I can so sympathize with you as I have just come out of hospital and one of the problems I had was chronic costipation after x6 sachest of bowels preparation laxitive and x3 enema's finally the earth moved, and I lost x2 Kilos over night LOL but if it ever gets that movical doesn't work my advice is get help cos I got so backed up that it triggered other problems....

Hugs

im so glad you feel better jacki huni, i asked my gp for some movical when i put my repeat prescription in, well i asked the receptionist if she would ask the doctor for it, so i didnt know till my meds were delivered if i had got it or not, well i did get something, but it wasnt movical, its the same sort of stuff but its called 'laxido', but my gp always tries to find a cheaper alternative if he can, all i can say is, it works just as good, lol. the dietician at my hospital said i could have senna, which is what ive always been given, cos a lot of meds that i take can cause constipation, but since ive had my op, ive found it causes a lot of gripes, so stopped taking it. so even though my team said it was ok, it wasnt actually ok for me personally now. im just so glad ive got a good alternative. lets hope you stay settled now jackie eh. big hugs xxx

Thanks again Dawny, I've never been the most regular even before my bypass & could go 6 weeks with going!!!!!! Obviously I was in agony but all my GP says is that everyone is different & there's nothing wrong with me. I drink gallons of water daily & always have, I never ever had a drink of tea or coffee.

Well I feel on top of the world so I'm going to have a walk around town then meet my son to hire him a fancy dress outfit for a party he's going to tonight! Show's I'm getting old when my 15 year old son has a better social life than me. :D

Have a great week-end ;)

Jmo I am glad the earth moved for you and that you are feeling better, I can so sympathize with you as I have just come out of hospital and one of the problems I had was chronic costipation after x6 sachest of bowels preparation laxitive and x3 enema's finally the earth moved, and I lost x2 Kilos over night LOL but if it ever gets that movical doesn't work my advice is get help cos I got so backed up that it triggered other problems....

Hugs

Thanks & glad your home Angie. Its great I can come on here & get some advice which I appreciate immensely,

Have a great week-end.

So pleased you have finally been JMo, it's something I'm struggling a bit with too at the minute, I'm sure it's not helping with the bloating/tummy pains. I saw my GP yesterday & although she's got to other post-op bypass patients, she wasn't sure what she could prescribe for me. I am supposed to phone her next week but I could have exploded by then! I'm going to send OH out to get me some (pmsl, he'll love that...not that he needs it 'coz he's full of s**t anyway), I'm back to work Monday so don't think I could deal with that as well xxx

I think Movicol is disgusting and makes me gag :( The other thing to drink is Lactulose which you can buy over the counter. Good luck, I know how you feel.

hi allie, to be honest hun, as long as it works, i dont care which one it is, the laxido is orange flavoured, but i had it in nas juice anyway, so couldnt taste it, and to be honest, if i know its gonna work, id hold me nose and just get it down me, lol, id rather have the relief. good luck with yours, im gonna have mine once or twice a week, just to keep on top of it, so to speak, but if i have problems, then ill just up it, that way i shouldnt have to many probs should i. hugs xxx

Thats ridiculous that you havent been given a contact number, I have 3 emergency numbers, I would ask for a contact if I were you.

I havent been given a contact number either, to be honest i didnt even come home with a diet guideline to follow :O, i rang the hosp and asked for my surgeons secretary who then had a nurse call me back a few hours later,
I do think we should all be given an emergency telephone number as i know that my surgeons secretary only works a couple of days per week and probably only a 9 to 5 !! so if i needed them outside those hours im not sure what i'd do, not on really !!
XXX Dawn

i was given a number for the bariatric dietician, but thats only for during the day, and even then he isnt always there, cos hes in clinics and dosnt always use the same rooms to hold them in. then you have to wait for him to get the message and get back to you. but they did go over dietry guidelines and length of time on each stage.

I have a telephone for the dietician but by her own admission she is rarely in the office as she does seminars, ward rounds, appointments etc. So if I needed anyone in an emergency I guess I'd just have to ring NHS Direct or go along to the drop in centre.

I certainly don't have any mobile telephone numbers.

someone mentioned lasclose becarful with that if you are prone to dumping its liquid sugar lol

Back