• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

constipation

You must make sure firstly that you are having enough fluids and veg.
Other than that you can use fybogel or mebeverine which will bulk your stool(poo) and help you go easier.
You can buy fybogel in the chemist but the doc should give you a prescription for it. I have fybogel and mebeverine together in the one pack as I have irritable bowel syndrome, and it does help.
I am sure there will be others along with more suggestions eggbat.
Hope this helps.

Jay xx

Drink sips of water all the time. Try to eat weetabix or some form of fibre in your diet. Some people recommend stirring fibrogel into your food. I think you can use lactul;ose - but check with your provider first. Hope it clears soon. x x

Linseeds....you can buy them in most supermarkets and healthfood shops and they make things happen very naturally, no griping pains, no bloating :D

just sprinkle them in yoghurt or on salads or on cereal daily.

I get this now and again, I just use natural stuff like dried apricots, wheatbran and actimel. It normally sorts itself out.

We are eating less so it makes sense that occasionally the system slows down.

Bloomin uncomfortable though when it does happen.

I suffered with it after my op. Now I go every morning but its still like passing a house brick. All the probs down there I gotta go doctors tomorrow cause Im either passing blood when I go or I have bleeding piles (far to much info sorry lol)

You can get linseed in liquid form aswell

I usually have a overload of chocolate but seeing as i have had no surgery thats something i can do. I am taking onboard all of the helpful comments of you post op people in readiness for the day i cant follow the age old cure.........

Hope you get it sorted soon, and Teen i hear you on the piles thing after having my last baby (all 11 1/2 lb of her lol) hope you get sorted too hun!

Benefibrer, Fybogel, vit C all those things work for me. I suffered pre-op with IBS so I was already a Benefiber user and I think that it has helped. And the water really helps, I can tell when my water is too low because I get constipated and get a headache! As a matter of course you do need dietary fiber so make sure you either eat enough daily or take a supplement or in your case maybe both while you are constipated.

Hope you feel better soon.

i mean i've never heard of linseeds helping with constipation, not that ive never heard of linseeds.

Linseeds are great....in the past I've used all sorts of different laxatives, most of which give you griping pains, and I found that Benefiber made me extremely windy :eek:

My Mother in Law was a slave to the liquid laxative, but didn't want to take a 2 month supply of bottles when she went to Australia for 2 months last Xmas, so I advised her to try the linseeds....she's now a convert and won't go on holiday anywhere without them now.

I can't recommend them enough :)

Back