• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consultation booked with Ameet Patel

clar01

Hi Guys

Today I booked my consultation with Mr Patel for 17th May with a view to having surgery at the end of August. Excited and nervous all at the same time!!

Went to an open evening last night at Little Aston Spire. Wasn't impressed at all, found the surgeon a bit rude and the cost was £9300 compared to Mr Patels £7500, so think I have made the right choice.

Going to try to play with small food portions to get me used to it!

Xxx

Good luck I normally find it is so much better to go with our gut feeling and it sounds like Mr Patel will be your better choice fingers crossed all goes well at your appointment.

Cheryl

I had my surgery done by Mr. Patel, he's very friendly and found him to be very aring, too. No problems with my new Sleeve either. Good luck.

Good luck with it, Clar01.

When my original GP referred me in January 2011 he recommended Ameet Patel (and the single incision thing) and my GP wondered if I could go private with my existing BUPA cover. (Really I do not know why my GP did not known that BUPA refuse to cover bariatric surgery even when referred on medical grounds, but my GP did urge me to make the phone call to BUPA to find out, which turned out to be negative.)

Only when that option turned out to be not possible, did my GP then refer me to Mr Sufi at the Whittington. (I think there was some PCT problem with not being able to refer to the NHS hospital where Mr Patel works within and only the Whittington was one of the few approved hospitals for that PCT.)

So even if you are not going for the single incision surgery (which actually frightens the life out of me!) Mr Patel is a surgeon with an excellent reputation -- good luck !!

Hi I have just got home from Kings where I had my single incision sleeve done by Mr Patel. I would really recommend the sils option as it allows you to be mobile so quickly. I have been in any real pain so far and could do it again if I had to. This was my first experience of general anaesthetic and the pain I experienced when I woke up to bare able. I was up all night using the toilette alone. Then walking up and gown the ward the next day. I feel fit enough to go back to work in the morning but I won't take it for granted and will just use the time to rest. Mr Patel and his team have been in theatre every day since Sunday and you really don't appreciate his passion and hard work until u experience it first hand.

Choosing Mr Patel for your surgery would be excellent but I'm sure you will be happy with end result which ever one you pick.

Good luck

Also Mr Patel has the best PA in the world who also supports him during surgery. Her name is Beth and she is also such a fantastic woman. I don't think I could have done it without her.

mr patel is fitting my band this saturday,him and beth are both lovely! tho i dont think beth likes having apps with me as i always keep her chatting for ages :) xx

tracyt84 said:
mr patel is fitting my band this saturday,him and beth are both lovely! tho i dont think beth likes having apps with me as i always keep her chatting for ages :) xx

If that's the case she must hate me. I have kept her chatting for the last year lol

shes just got one of them faces,i could sit and talk to her all day long xx

Let us know how u get on clar

Ahhhhh I have known Mr P for years - I have my 6 week - well 10 week check up with him on Monday. You could not find a better team in the UK - Beth is also a Nurse Practitioner with a Masters in Obesity so she really knows her stuff too! They are fantastic!!!! Good luck Clar are you having a sleeve or bypass!
xx

Emailed beth on thursday past there-do you think its better to email them or ring them?

Sm xx

Everytime I've left her a message Beth has phoned back as soon as possible, if that helps

Yeah il maybe give her a bell on monday.x

Sarahmaria said:
Yeah il maybe give her a bell on monday.x

Funnily enough I just came off the phone to her. I was getting a telling off lol. She is out of the office tomorrow. She said she is having a rest lol.

Is anyone going to the group session on Saturday?

Don't know anything about Saturday, but I have a check up on Friday...

Wonderlust said:
Don't know anything about Saturday, but I have a check up on Friday...

It's @ 30 Devonshire Street around the corner from Princess Grace between 2-4pm

This Saturday.

Ah a little too far...

Although I had my op at the Princess Grace, my check up is at Kings, so much easier to get to for me.

Howd u get on clar? Xo

Sat in the waiting room he is running 45 minutes late, although they have only just decided to tell me that. So I'm a but cheesed off hoping he will be worth the wait!

Will update when I get home tonight xxx

Back