• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ammori or Patel?

Sappho

So you may know from previous thread I am going private with Bypass. I think I have decided to go with Healthier Weight at their London clinic. They had two surgeons there I recognised the names of from this forum - Mr Basil Ammori &
Mr Ameet Patel. Has anyone had these surgeons?? Thank you.

Also, how long usually from consultation to op if you are going private and are there any tests you need to do inbetween?

Thanks, I couldnt do this without you all!

I am going through Healthier Weight and I could have had my op the following week. They do the pre-op tests at the hospital when you go in for surgery. I had to wait almost 8 weeks do to work arrangement for my husband and childcare arrangements for my 3 kids.

Mr Ammori is my surgeon. He is one of the best and has performed over 900 bypasses for Healthier Weight. He only operates up in Manchester though. London is much closer for me but I wanted Mr Ammori so I am travelling up to Manchester for my operation next month.

I know Silversurfer went through Healthier Weight as well and he went from Kent all the way to Manchester to have Mr Ammori as well.

Hi Sappho
I had Mr Ammori for my bypass (private) and he truely is a lovely lovely man who is extremely competent in what he does. I travelled 220 miles to have him as my surgeon and i have never had any pain in the 10 weeks since my op i was off morphine after only two hours and up on my feet 3 hours after op( keyhole). He really puts your mind at rest and is happy to answer any questions. Only tests you need are routine blood tests pre op. As for time scales when you are going privately its very quick and you are in control of when you want surgery it can be as quick as two weeks xx

I am very lucky I am NHS and my surgeon is Mr Ammouri x

i had my bypass on monday and ive just got home today i was on NHS but was very lucky to have Mr Ammori he really is wonderfull and such a nice man. ive had no pain just some wind and i feel fantastic if a bi tierd.................kath x

I should be getting a date pretty soon but i spoke with Gill yesterday who's Mr Ammori's sec with regards to somebody else doing the surgery quicker but Mr Ammori has told her that he wants to do the Surgery has ive met with him on 4 occassions and we get on really well he's a genuine caring man who is the best so i suppose i should be grateful for his decision.

hmmm...I could maybe fly to manchester but do they give you a firm day you can leave after surgery and is it ok to fly?

My surgery is on a Friday and I was told I am leaving on a Sunday.

I also went privately with Mr Ammori, at Spire Manchester. Thankfully it was only a ten minute drive for me lol As for time scales, I booked my op and had it 2 weeks later, I don't think I could cope with all the waiting the NHS people go through. As for Mr Ammori I can only echo what everyone else has already said! He is a wonderful man and so genuinely caring! Would love to see him again now I've lost the weight to thank him :) xxx

Oh bum, i thought you were doing ip dip like when we were kids! I was gonna ask for the leftovers grrrr

Good luck with your choice xx

I also went privately with Mr Ammori, at Spire Manchester. Thankfully it was only a ten minute drive for me lol As for time scales, I booked my op and had it 2 weeks later, I don't think I could cope with all the waiting the NHS people go through. As for Mr Ammori I can only echo what everyone else has already said! He is a wonderful man and so genuinely caring! Would love to see him again now I've lost the weight to thank him :) xxx

I travelled from Ireland to Mr Ammori so obviously I did my research before going. He is excellent and has a great way with him. No pain post operation, out in 48 hours after by-pass and now, four weeks on, results are showing.

He really is the real thing in my opinion!

U

just had my surgery and Mr Ammorie was wonderfull. i have had no pain at all just a bit uncumfatabl with wind but that soon went. im so glad that i had him................kath x

Hello there did we see one another on the monday I wonder? I had Mr ammori the same days as you I am the debbie maney IRJ mentions (hi Ian) I went home the day after as long as you are showing you are tolerating fluids IE: clear soup and a coffee and yr using the toilet and everything else is going ok they are happy to let you go. I came home tuesday afternoon wasnt in any pain at all jst slight fatigue from the gas inside me. and bit of stinging from my scars felt great and was really surprised at how I felt when I woke My words were I dont feel like i have just had major surgery, I had a pva which i only pressed 4 times just didn't feel the need for it. scars nice lovely and clean and closed up. alls well so far!! ;-)

I think you have made up your mind to have Mr Amorri.

I had a diff opp from you Sleeve Gastrectomy done by Mr Patel, he is a fantastic surgeon and very sought after.

Hope you have a quick and easy opp and am sure whatever Surgeon you choose between these two will be fab.

Take Care
Jeanx

Back