• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Consultation tomorrow!

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
********SORRY! dont know how to edit titles..i mean on thursday not tomrrow (weds!) im losing it big time!!***********

Tomorrow i go see Doctor Ashton in london!! eek im nervous! having the Spatz...ie the adjustable gastric balloon (12months)

any idea what happens at consultations. Am going to ask the following qurstions:

How painful is procedure
Recovery
What foods
How much am i expected to lose
What happens when u take it out will i feel mega hungry
Is each adjustment with a sedative and also painful
Is it different to the old obrera balloon in terms of comfort

Any tips or anything be appreciated..thanks guys!:confused::(

Last edited:
good luck i hope all goes well, if its ok to ask why have you opted for a balloon rather than a band or a bypass ? x

Good luck too, can't really offer you any advice as I had the bypass, but just out of curiosity, I'd like to ask the same as Liz, why did you opt for the ballon instead of the band/bypass?

BMI is 35 so cant get the sleeve anyways...well am borderline! also the band...reading this forum last few days im thinking is not as good as ppl first thought.

I have about 4stones to lose and this new balloon is meant to get u that result... my mum wouldnt let me do the bypass anyways (even though im 30!! just not worth the rows! ) the balloon is a good compromise and hopefully i will maintain after :)

thanks for the well wishes... am so hopeful that this is it ,...i can get back to shopping in normal shops and abuse hubby's credit card!

i'm going bananas! its on thursday not tomorrow!!
can u tell im nervous!

neen i hope i didnt offend.... i just noticed that the banders seemed to be struggling a bit with losing the weight more so.
u have done very well.....so i guess its down to making an effort urself..nothing is a magic wand hey!
as a teen i used to wish i was sabrina the teenage witch so i could magic mysellf skinny!! haha:eek:

Not at all sweetie xx I just wish you all the best and I hope that this new type of balloon is going to do the trick for you.
I think we all just want to make sure you make a good choice that will be a lasting success and the majority of people here are naturally thrilled with their own choice and happen to be bypassers.
Most banders do get results from their bands but we don't have that quick head start period and it can seem to be disappointing in comparison or impossible if you have sweet tooth etc but it's not how a lot of us see it ourselves and we have ways of overcoming most issues with our bands.
XXXXX be really interested to hear how you get on!!!

aww thanks neen....very true...every WLS is gonna be different.....

tbh when i first enquired about the balloon i felt really silly for doing it....it does seem very bypass is the only way forward! at the end of the day there are lots of options out there and everyone is gonna do something that suits them....and its trial and error in some cases.... i hope not in mine!!! lol

BMI is 35 so cant get the sleeve anyways...well am borderline! also the band...reading this forum last few days im thinking is not as good as ppl first thought.

I have about 4stones to lose and this new balloon is meant to get u that result... my mum wouldnt let me do the bypass anyways (even though im 30!! just not worth the rows! ) the balloon is a good compromise and hopefully i will maintain after :)

thanks for the well wishes... am so hopeful that this is it ,...i can get back to shopping in normal shops and abuse hubby's credit card!

hey hun in the beginning the sleeve was for bmi of 60+ BUT because its been recognized as a wls in its own right as people do so well with just the sleeve and not doing the second part of transfering it into a bypass or ds they are giving it to people with lower bmi's as a option to another wls, i am having a sleeve...

Back