• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Magicbean's journey to slim-town...

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
.....book me a room forever please!!

So after loving the diaries on here thought id join in!! I'm 3 days away from my band and excited (and hungry!). Ok first the background on me:

I'm 30, got 3 beautiful kids (7, 4 and 1) and one ok husband :p ....been the fatty since i can remember. even looking back at my photos as a kid im trying to hide behind someone and trying to lift my head so i have less of the double chin going on!! always hated the camera so am the camera lady in my house so that hubby doesnt have to video me. which is annoying as ive been putting more on with each pregnancy so i look back and think darn, shy didnt i tk more photos at xyz time.

Don't wana spend ther rest of my life hiding from the camera, trying to get out of social events, sweating when the sun peeks out, struggling to keep up with the kids. Also its very important i clamp down on weight as i became gestationally diabetic with my 3rd. I am now glucose intolerant, ie borderline diabetic, team that up with a family history and the fact i'm asian and bam....im super high risk of getting diabetes. I cant change my ethinicity or my family history but i can change my weight.... so it has to be done...im suffering medically getting blcoked sweat glands (happens to diabetics a lot) and thirsty after sweetie things.

I have tried; WW, SW, Paul Mckenna, Hypnosis, Xenical, Herbal Slimming, Personal Trainer, not eating after a certain time, Slim Fast, Body Typing Diet. I've even tried the, im fat and im proud thing....not for me personally!!

SO i was about to embark on WW again and my hubby was like...come on...u got to try something u arent already feeling like a failure on!! and he was like have a look at surgery. At first i was kind of offended! but then he actually made sense...when u have this much to lose its very tricky to take it off and keep it off...u need an extra tool.

So i looked into the balloon first as my mum was super anti me 'going under the knife' ...i had my consultation with Dr. Ashton of Healthier Weight Group in MArch ..all geared up to lose 5.5stones with their Spatz Balloon (an adjustable balloon). But he pretty much told me what everyone on this site was saying...dont do it u will regain!! he told me to go away and save up for something that would work..ie band. i did ask about the bypass but he said that with my BMI andd age the band would be better.

I had a good read and was feeling confident about the band. so rang around. Did get a much better competitive price (including aftercare) with WLS group but i liked the idea of single incision surgery, less wounds and should be less recovery, plus i liked HW group and hubby was like just go where u feel happier as its a big thing.

So i got my date for the 14th of April , Dr Ameet Patel and the King Edward hops in london. Super excited...got a call last week on Friday asking if id started my low fat low cal diet.... which i hadnt. she told me i was meant to be on 800 kcals. 800....??? thats like a pack of sensations right.... NOOOOO!!soon after i spoke to her i was like must-eat-last-mini-tub-of-ben-and-jerrys! why i do this...like the food will run away if i dont attack it!! then felt like no i got to be serious. but still thought, meh ill be ok if i just cut out the rubbish. then i submitted a thread and wow....everyone was mega awesome in kicking me up the butt and motivating me with ideas etc on how to stay on track. massive turn around....both me and my husband are truly grateful as im super focused although im worried that it has to be low carb as well otherwise liver wont shrink.?????

Anyways...i wana be around for my kids, i wana look good at the school gates, i wana go to more shops then just evans, i wanna look younger then people think i am, i wana be able to enjoy the summer not get hot and sticky super quick, i wana get on the plane and not worry whether or not the tray will come down over my stomach, i want people to stop thinking 'is she pregnant?', i dont wana be the fatty anymore.

It's gonna be a TOUGH road.... before i came on here i genuinely thought this was gonna be easy, but its just a tool. but if i dont utilise this tool and go for it now i dont think i ever will.

I've done the kids bit and its time for me to get myself fit, in both senses of the word!! haha.... hope u guys are as fantastic as u have already been. cant do it without u!!

Great start magic ..... You'll do just fine I'm rooting for you,
I'm hoping I can be a post opper soon to, how are you getting on with the calorie thing ?

Xxx

Lovely introduction to yourself MB.
I too was going to go with HW but decided on WLS group due to the price.
Your husband seems so supportive of you which is great as he will have to seriously look after you and the kiddies on the first few days after the op. Bending, carrying, getting kids dressed, putting them to bed, making food etc...
I didnt lift a finger, my hubby was great!
Good luck hun!

Great start magic ..... You'll do just fine I'm rooting for you,
I'm hoping I can be a post opper soon to, how are you getting on with the calorie thing ?

Xxx
calorie thing is horrible....im sorry but thats the honest truth. i mean i love the fact that its a new lifestyle and some times i get a woop yeah feeling...that im gonna be slim..but its HARD WORK. i dont even wana guess how many calories i was on when i was having 'blow outs'!!

thanks piratess for the support!

Lovely introduction to yourself MB.
I too was going to go with HW but decided on WLS group due to the price.
Your husband seems so supportive of you which is great as he will have to seriously look after you and the kiddies on the first few days after the op. Bending, carrying, getting kids dressed, putting them to bed, making food etc...
I didnt lift a finger, my hubby was great!
Good luck hun!

wasnt meant to be so long...but when u start u keep going on and on. also dont wana be wearing my maternity clothes!! fed up with them!
hubby is supportitive, but help wise i will have to see...might have to ask mum...as hes off on friday to pick me up but back on monday as very difficult to get time off. plus someone's gotta pay for the surgery!

damn just reminded me to go pay for it! HW havent bothered to ask for the money so i dont want it o be cancelled!! right am gonna do that now!

also got to go nurse again. having major armpit problems! haha...first blocked sweat glands, then lump in breast and now a horrible red rash appeared and its spreading... the joys of obesity!:(
right thanks ...im off to pay...

Great read Magic. I laughed out loud when you said you tried the fat and proud thing!
I identify with alot of your wants for the future.
Not long to wait now. I'm excited for you, because I feel great and so happy right now and I want everyone to feel the same! xxx

Great read Magic. I laughed out loud when you said you tried the fat and proud thing!
I identify with alot of your wants for the future.
Not long to wait now. I'm excited for you, because I feel great and so happy right now and I want everyone to feel the same! xxx

haha...i did seriously...i thought u see so many ppl who are proud of their 'curves' ...well im proud of my lumps and bumps....but after a very short while i was like nah...i dont like being fat. im just crap at doing anything about it. would love to get to that stage u r at...where u feel proud of what u have and what u are achieving. not happened in a loooong time in terms of weight loss.

so i managed to (kind of) stay on track....a fishfinger and choc finger found their way inside my mouth today and i nearly attacked the crisps. 2 days to go...just 2....come on me 2 days... :wave_cry:

Well done magic what a fantastic post, I an glad you got your head in the right place in time as it would gave been awful to read they cancelled or didn't do your op because of a blip in the diet, now you have overcome that you are heading for slimville in the fast lane, if you need more butt kicking you know where to come

Good luck see you on the losers bench soon xx

Magic you have so much enthusiasm and energy! We'll soon be able to channel it into losing weight...only a couple more days hun and you will be off and running, with bandy inside as a little helper , the weight loss will be so much easier and keeping up your diary plus mingling with us, will no doubt help you stay in control whilst you wait out the recovery stages and the lull before restriction xxx
I know you can do this x

awwwwwwwwwwww thanks everyone.

will defo need kicks up my butt....food is my best friend but i dont want it to be my silent killer!! i got the enthusiasm because u guys seem to 'understand' where im coming from.... u know what its like and how hard it is.

keep going to the fridge...like im on autopilot...then turn around and try busy myself.... 48 and half hours till admisson.

had someon ring and say if i minded looking after her 3 boys on tuesday night to weds night!...arrgh!! what can i say?? i said yes but ill be struggling with my 3 kids! called mum and she said to just keep quiet and then on monday say u r feeling awful and cant do it. its always the way, when u r trying to hide something a million things happen to try reveal ur little secret! got a wedding on good friday and a family BBQ on easter sunday! Wedding i will blag but family BBQ (inlaws side) i cant get out of...so will have to go with the ..i have a upset tummy and need to stay on liquids. but there will be a doctor there so dunno if i can get away with it..am nervous as heck! why so many events around the band date?? just my luck.

anyways its lovely and sunny today... gonna go evans and buy some big comfy pyjamas. only got a single incision but will be near the belly button but the pain will still be there. also need multivit syrups, wind-eze and more stuff for after. mum rang and asked what u wanted to eat after surgery.... haha bless her!! shes like im gonna make fresh juices for u...bleurgh!

Hey Sweetie! Just say you feel unwell. There will be more get togethers in the future.
Before surgery is a tense enough time and you have to do what's right for you right now and deal with who to tell etc after you have got through and recovered.
If you don't want to tell before surgery that is totally your choice and you are not obliged to give anything away.
Put yourself and your immediate family first for now x

Hey Sweetie! Just say you feel unwell. There will be more get togethers in the future.
Before surgery is a tense enough time and you have to do what's right for you right now and deal with who to tell etc after you have got through and recovered.
If you don't want to tell before surgery that is totally your choice and you are not obliged to give anything away.
Put yourself and your immediate family first for now x

thanks neen,. hubby is telling me to say i have surgery for a digestive problem and that i have to go easy, but women arent stupid and they will work it out. so i dont wana say that. he thinks im being bad by lying to say that i will look after them when i know i cant. dunno what excuse to give???

on a bad note: i had crisps. sob sob :( but thats it. chicken salad for dinner and thats it.

haha...i did seriously...i thought u see so many ppl who are proud of their 'curves' ...well im proud of my lumps and bumps....but after a very short while i was like nah...i dont like being fat. im just crap at doing anything about it. would love to get to that stage u r at...where u feel proud of what u have and what u are achieving. not happened in a loooong time in terms of weight loss.

so i managed to (kind of) stay on track....a fishfinger and choc finger found their way inside my mouth today and i nearly attacked the crisps. 2 days to go...just 2....come on me 2 days... :wave_cry:
dontcha just hate when fish fingers and choc fingers (whats with all the fingers?) creep into your mouth?!

awwwwwwwwwwww thanks everyone.

will defo need kicks up my butt....food is my best friend but i dont want it to be my silent killer!! i got the enthusiasm because u guys seem to 'understand' where im coming from.... u know what its like and how hard it is.

keep going to the fridge...like im on autopilot...then turn around and try busy myself.... 48 and half hours till admisson.

had someon ring and say if i minded looking after her 3 boys on tuesday night to weds night!...arrgh!! what can i say?? i said yes but ill be struggling with my 3 kids! called mum and she said to just keep quiet and then on monday say u r feeling awful and cant do it. its always the way, when u r trying to hide something a million things happen to try reveal ur little secret! got a wedding on good friday and a family BBQ on easter sunday! Wedding i will blag but family BBQ (inlaws side) i cant get out of...so will have to go with the ..i have a upset tummy and need to stay on liquids. but there will be a doctor there so dunno if i can get away with it..am nervous as heck! why so many events around the band date?? just my luck.

anyways its lovely and sunny today... gonna go evans and buy some big comfy pyjamas. only got a single incision but will be near the belly button but the pain will still be there. also need multivit syrups, wind-eze and more stuff for after. mum rang and asked what u wanted to eat after surgery.... haha bless her!! shes like im gonna make fresh juices for u...bleurgh!
That's bad luck having all those events just after your band. I only had one birthday to go to, and I just drank tea, nobody noticed I didn't have cake.
I also kept going to the fridge and the naughty food section in the supermarket etc. Ive stopped doing it now!
It's like when I gave up smoking years ago, it's the habit thats hardest to break rather than the addiction.
xx

You are right karen. i kinda go without thinking...something to eat/do!!

been a bit crap today :( had some crisp, then 2 sticks of kitkat and maltesers!! im cracking with hours to go. so dissapointed in myself. didnt have a mad blow out but have had 1000kcal i reckon. which isnt bad cos HW said i can go upto that but its the mental state...im gripping onto the wagon but am defo sliding off. tomorrow is another day i know but i genuinely think im gonna blow it.i just have no energy and im fed up. reading some threads/stories i have a feeling i will be one of those ppl who the band doesnt work for....always the way. i feel like a failure now grrr..i hate sounding self piteous but am si used to food winning each battle with me.

anyways went to evans and got my size 22/24 pyjamas thinking theyd be huge but nope...were comfy.... damn why is it when u diet for 4 days u think u should go down a size!! haha. and stocked up on liquid multivits and iron and got rennie deflatine. is that ook??

am ready to roll...kinda... few bits left at asda tomorrow. oh and someone else rang to say look after her son and his cousin tomorrow while she goes to a doc appt. im like errm i got lots to do (genuinely need to get things done before op, plus my 1 yr old has a chest infection which doesnt help!!) and she was like oh ull never know they are there?! seriously was PISSED OFF! sorry but i was really cross. did text her back and say sorry daughter not well so will wake up late tomorrow. also rang the other woman up and said sorry have really bad migraines currently (no lie!) so can bearly look after my own kids...can we do it another time. she was ok about it.

such a nightmare. im staying away from answering the phone tomorrow...only answer it if its my mum...seriously...i dont know what it is with everyone. oh and friends have organised a trip out on thurs/fri with the kids....seriously WHY????????? leave me alone people!!!

STOP the wagon and get back into the driving seat. Taped your mouth up too.
Put the wagon on autopilot to drive at 100 miles per hour and put "eye of the tiger" on the CD player to keep you motivated!

So, you are now back on the wagon and in full control!

As for all your mates and the outing coming up, just tell them you are ill and you have got a real bad stomach bug. Or even easier is to say you bent down to put your washing in the machine and youve pulled you back.
Once youve had the op, imitating a bad back is so easy to do.

LOLz tam!! haha....

am on the wagon...kinda getting back on but its early so far in the day.... did contemplate eating chocs again but nope came on here instead.

doing loadsa washing and ironing, cleaner just been, gotta get house tip top with the hols and feeling crud. hubby will be good but not off apart to pick me up and its never the same when they clean up! he has only had to use the washing machine when i was in hospital to induce labour!!

right, just over 24hours till admission!! need to go get slippers as my son decided to draw on mine with pen. also must wash hair last minute as i hear u cant shower for 10days and i hate washing hair in the sink. do u need toiletirs for showering in hosp...thought u couldnt with the stitches??

am pretty calm at the mo and defo doesnt feel like i wll be in hosp tomorrow.... until i typed this!!

anyways had to make an entry to stay away from the chocs!!

Don't panic about the naughty food, magic. I was the same, thinking "if I can't be good for one week, how will I succeed with the band?"
But so far I feel like having the band also put a mental band around my brain if you know what I mean. I feel different, I want to succeed. I want to show everyone and myself that I can do anything I want. I have always been lacking in confidence and quite shy. I'm fine with friends and family but anything beyond that, I'm a social cripple. I have under achieved all my life. All because of my weight.
Now I'm 34 I've had enough. When I'm old I don't want to look back over my life and feel regret that I didn't get out there and really live.
Making the desision to have surgery was huge for me because I've always struggled with anxiety and depression and a huge fear of dying.
Going through with the surgery has made me finally come to terms with my fear of dying and my fear of living life to the full.
I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I feel liberated and I'm looking forward to not saying no to everything.
I'm going to say yes when I get asked to go paintballing for my brother in laws birthday, instead of always saying no because they might not have a boiler suit to fit me! And afraid of people seeing a fat wheezy woman running about feeling like a total knobber!
I'm going to go on rides with my children, I'm going to take my autistic son to the hydro-therapy pool for a swim and not care about others looking at my vile body. I'm going to do some courses and hopefully find something that I'm good at and do something with my life. I'm going to feel attractive and say yes to the summer bbq invite we always get from Dan's mate.
I'm not going to say that I'm being perfect because Iam still dealing with the head hunger (I had an ice cream in a cone yesterday) but, I'm winning the battle so far.
Iam 1lb of 2stone lost and I'm blooming buzzing. Iam so happy for myself and I believe whole heartly that Iam going to achieve what I want because Iam in charge now.
This feeling has got stronger each week.
Sorry I went a bit deep there!!!
Stop looking after other peoples kids! Cheeky woman saying "you wont know they are there"!! As we say 'round my way...."she is totally bang"! (out of order)
Look after yourself, I have complete faith in you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

aww miss hungry what a fabtastic post. i can realte so much to the 'saying no to everything'. weight does hold us back from normal stuff and im so glad u said the band makes a mental difference as well. re: paintballing, id be EXACLTY the same as u.....no way would i go because id be too unfit and more then anything i prob wouldnt fit anything and be laughed at. but we are making changes and are gonna enjoy life now cos each day we get slimmer and more confident!

really excited now after reading ur post...was getting a bit worried id flop!

oh and shes bang!! haha love it :)

had one of neen's Slim fasts! scrumm! but the blender didnt mush up all my ice??? one more meal tonight ....got 300kcal left and then a shake in the morning and then surgery!! this time tomorrow i should be a bandit....and the really weird part is im so looking forward to a night in hospital away from the kids! haha how bad is that, but i can SLEEEEEEEEEEP! im alll ready to have a few hours of undisturbed sleep :p oh and a 8grand band!!

I just wanted to say am thinking of you Magic :) ... i enjoy reading your posts :) ....
Hope everything goes swimmingly for you xxxxxx

Back