• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Magicbean's journey to slim-town...

You are already over a quarter of the way there Magic according to your stats, and it's only been 3 weeks or so since your op. Don't be too hard on yourself lovey you're still doing great!

Hey MB, yes you are doing really well and you know you need to stop that picking. The band has zero power against a picker and grazer.
Get 3 good meals in per day and IF you are still hungry inbetween you need to find something better than high calorie foods.

If i get hungry between meals i have a glass of milk or cup of coffee which fills me again. If it must be food, i have a pot of custard or a krisproll with chilli philly on it.

I can relate to how you feel when its TOTM, ive had 2 in 3 weeks and it does mess with your head hunger.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Tam and mel....im a quarter down? woo.... although initially its easier then later...but yes like tam said need to find alternatives as im a big GRAZER! i know bypass would prob be better but thats a big op and also doc said BMI wasnt high enough plus wasnt old enough...ie long term would not be good for me.....im glad im a bander...i can still enjoy life.... no offence to bypassers at all. i was diabetic when i had my third kid and not being able to eat sweeties etc was HARD work. take yesterday for example..i was very good and drink water when hungry instead and trying to stay away from the high cal foods....anyways went to see Thor (awesome film) and had a pot of ben and jerrys (single one not the massive tub). so i can still go and have these kinda foods.

been really good since Saturday as i wana see a loss and its me thats holding me back.... so im actually eating more at meal times so i feel full as i kinda ate some and then felt hungry ealrier. now i try eat more and then im less prone to being hungry....

fill is a month away and i wana use my willpower to get more results. summer is here and wana enjoy it instead of hiding in the shade cos i get too hot and sticky too quickly!!

So today was Review Day.

Went into London and had a chewee bar en route. naughty but did mush mush mush it. However the nurse told me off as she said i should have only started mushies at week3 and defo soft foods till 6 weeks. she scared me by saying they xryayed a lady a while ago and she had stretched her pouch to the size of her stomach!! PANIC! esp as i have been eating till i feel pain to stop snacking! but this is wrong!! oopsy!

anyways back to more mushies now and being sensible and stopping when full instead of pushing to pain. i also bought some of their shakes. £26.50 for 21 plus 2 free samples. didnt want to as it bugs me giving them more money! but i gotta do it if it stops me eating chocs and kids crisps! which i was....naughty!

managed a chat with the dietician who was lovely. she took notes and i swore her to secrecy she wouldnt tell the bariatric nurse how bad id been! hehe....nah thats it im gonna stay on the straight and narrow. grazing has to stop and these shakes should help as have 11g of protein in them which is good for ppl like me who dont get enough protein as it is.

gonna see her again the day i have my fill (7th of june). doent seem to far off and reading karen and mandymoo's posts today it sounds so exciting!! oh and i said i was dissapointed i hadnt heard from her and all but she did apologise saying she just started. she was so lovely and i felt genuinely comfortable with her. the nurse kinda scared me even though she was lovely. she said my wound was healing really well! yay wound!

good going mb.. now come on stay focused. get your mind set and stop snacking :)

thanks maura!! bought some ice cubes today....am all set to have shakes and cut the snacking! been having a look at weight and its slightly moved downwards....so gotta keep at the no snacking....its the best way fwd and i defo dont wana have a mahoosive pouch!

Ooh yes, a massive pouch is the last thing any of us want. Glad to see that you appear to have your mojo back. Onwards and upwards eh!

Mojo is well and truly back with a 4lb loss ...YAY! got a bit scared after the review appt...well the appt itself wasnt long....but good i managed to speak to the dietician.

So it's exactly one month since i had the band!! how things are different! im almost 10kg down! thats a heck of a lot...and its defo showing in some things i wear. still its not enough for people to notice but thats a side issue...dont know if anyone saw my other thread in the private chat section. one of my friends told me another one of my friend was horrified by how fat i am. nice hey! but like the girlies on that thread said...screw it cos at the end of the day i know i will get slimmer and then its gonna be yay me. some people are so fat phobic..and she is defo one of them but i didnt think she'd say it about me cos she knows im trying to lose it ..im not one of those people who can be ok with being big...it makes me down and i have told her! jeez! pointless huh!!

anyways thats for that thread! was so lovely getting up and seeing 14.01lbs flash up! almost into the 13s and getting tantalising close to getting out of the 'obese' category!! maddness and i love my band!

must start at the gym..gentle stuff as i defo still feel weak. house is up for sale and i find myself shattered doing normal house stuff...felt site got really sore and had backache doing cleaning. so would be good to go gym but defo no mad stuff....build up stamina and get some excercise.

Hope all my fellow bandits and bandits to be have a fab weekend. and if u are reading as a pre opper and are umming and arr-ing about whether or not to get this done...DO IT! i might only bee one month post op but its fantastic! i have a MASSIVE road ahead of me and i know its gonna be hard but nothing beats feeling like u are taking charge of ur life again and escaping the clutches of obesity.

:D

You are doing really well MB, your weight losses each week are making me jelous!!

How many calories do you think you are on each day? im about 1000-1200.

Hi tam! urs really impress me! tbh i posted a thread about op to first fill ans it seems like its all down to normal diet and willpower after about a month in.... so i am defo struggling now. trying to stick to good foods but not doing that as much..defo not getting wnough water of late. have been checking scales but they are stuck...i need to get my butt into shape...ie go gym and be stricter as i am nibbling....head hunger is strong....need to blitz the little demons!

Hey Magic, what attracted me to your posts was the last one, talking about head hunger. Yaaay, does that ring some bells! I'm 1 week post-op and this is when the major weightlosses, lack of appetite are supposed to happen. Hello!! I've lost a measley 4 or 5lbs, and that includes the previous week pre-op milk-only, and could eat, it feels like, as normal. This is not what it's supposed to be like. Scary - couldn't stand to go back to old habits/addictions/behaviour etc.
Love your posts.

Lyn x

Hang in there lynda...it will come off and have u weighed 4-5lbs! its a heck of a lot....i have to work hard now to lose...wont just come off like ealry days but i think 21lbs is a lot...my 1 yr old weighs 23lbs and then i think no u have done well...dont blow it!

this week has been up and down and i know tomorrow will either be a STS or a 1lb..which is ok but not good as was hoping to get into the 13s!! grrr...oh well more focused next week!

am now officially 5 weeks post surgery! love my band ...one week left till i can eat normal! yay....although tbh i dont think i stop myself from anything except hard things like salads and veg. which i do miss!!

must start at gym but will prob be after half term as will be 7-8 weeks post surgery so thats a bit more sensible!till then i will try walk here and there....which i done today and yesterday in the form of SHOPPING! i can actually go to normal shops....not all..but some...went to zara, next, wallis. only bought one pair of jeans but still was fun..... and the walking wasnt fast as i let the baby out of the oushchair and she toddled off here and there...so cute! she is my third and final one and unlike my 1st im not pushing her to walk/run etc..im truly enjoying her being a baby/toddler. precious!!

gotta family wedding next weekend! crikey what am i gonna wear... its an indian function, i have a few nice ones which i wore to my sisters wedding ...mum has adjusted them when i was 15stones...now im 14stones but they fit loose on the waist but toght on the hips...my body is in a weird shape! haha

ok better start getting ready for school run..am sitting here in pyjama bottoms...well its not my fault my daughter dropped milk over my crappy jeans....so will have to wear the new ones today...sigh! haha

Hang in there lynda...it will come off and have u weighed 4-5lbs! its a heck of a lot....i have to work hard now to lose...wont just come off like ealry days but i think 21lbs is a lot...my 1 yr old weighs 23lbs and then i think no u have done well...dont blow it!

this week has been up and down and i know tomorrow will either be a STS or a 1lb..which is ok but not good as was hoping to get into the 13s!! grrr...oh well more focused next week!

am now officially 5 weeks post surgery! love my band ...one week left till i can eat normal! yay....although tbh i dont think i stop myself from anything except hard things like salads and veg. which i do miss!!

must start at gym but will prob be after half term as will be 7-8 weeks post surgery so thats a bit more sensible!till then i will try walk here and there....which i done today and yesterday in the form of SHOPPING! i can actually go to normal shops....not all..but some...went to zara, next, wallis. only bought one pair of jeans but still was fun..... and the walking wasnt fast as i let the baby out of the oushchair and she toddled off here and there...so cute! she is my third and final one and unlike my 1st im not pushing her to walk/run etc..im truly enjoying her being a baby/toddler. precious!!

gotta family wedding next weekend! crikey what am i gonna wear... its an indian function, i have a few nice ones which i wore to my sisters wedding ...mum has adjusted them when i was 15stones...now im 14stones but they fit loose on the waist but toght on the hips...my body is in a weird shape! haha

ok better start getting ready for school run..am sitting here in pyjama bottoms...well its not my fault my daughter dropped milk over my crappy jeans....so will have to wear the new ones today...sigh! haha
Hey magic,
21lbs lost is great. 1.5 stones yaaaay. And that sounds pretty good after just, what, 5 weeks??!! Keep going like that and it'll be New Look etc. without a second-thought. I'm keeping away from shopping just now - don't want to get disheartened. Will wait until there's a more substantial weightloss. But, maybe you feel the same as me, that having paid all this money (for the POSE procedure in my case) then I don't want to struggle with the appetite thing.
Because I did do POSE I'm going to go to the gym this week coming but will take it easy. At least you feel as if you're doing something.
Thanks for telling me about your family - sounds lovely.

xx

Hello diary....i have been neglecting u...SOWI! been busy with the kids and all.

So got this big family wedding on Sunday with the pre wedding party on Friday. Its an indian function so went to Ilford on Monday and spent £100 on two GORGEOUS outfits that fit (albeit XL!) but yay.... ok thats a teeny bit of a lie..had to get the bust slightly loosened as got a lot of the back flab going on (boobs at the back!) and one actually had to be nipped in the front. the XL is english size 18-20 so thats quite nice to actually buy nice new clothes...for once am looking forward to an event instead of dreading it. husband is like calm down its just a weding (its his side) but im going mad! will be nice to look and feel nice although am prepared for the 'wow u r fat' comments...for those who havent seen me since i had my last. i know im still obese but hey mentally im feeling tons better...here's hoping it keeps getting good-er!

excercise wise...err...dont ask... have been going around the shops...at the speed of my 1 year old! love watching her toddle and being my third i defo let her out more of her pushchair more.... anyways..thats a side topic...its half term next week but i need to get my lard arse into gear and get down to the gym when kids are back. i am 6 weeks post surgery tom! yay...wouldnt change Russell for the world...although do regret paying soooo much more than i had to! hubby isnt bothered and seeing he earns the cash i guess i shouldnt fret!

food wise its been ok. trying to get a meal/protein shake in me instead of junk when i get the nibbles. about 150okcal and meg filling. am defo hungrier as the healing is done inside me. portions are bigger...but trying to stay good. dont wana huge pouch or will need a band on my pouch...crikey!

thanks for reading nad commenting on this diary folks...nice to think ppl enjoy my weird ramblings!

oh yeah going zizzi with the mums tomorrow for lunch and shopping

oh yeah evil friend...i ant help ignoring her. she stopped me today and was like hey...i gave her a smile and a hi and made my excuse that 1 yr old was dashing away so couldnt stop... meh!

Have a great time, Magic, at the family do's you're going to.
Thanks for the 'Reputation' message - as I'm not brilliant with this site what's a reputation on here?

Lynda x

Hey MB!

Just checking in to see how you are doing and WOW what a good loss youve had this week. Whatever you are doing...keep doing it!

thanks tam...not so good last week....whoops! i have such a weird pattern....lose STS then los then STS....i know why as well cos when i lose i get happy and 'treat' myself to a few naughty snacks....not good!!

anyways have been good this week with the STS in my face.... although was TOTM so i can blame that! :p

just got back from my fill and dietitican appt.
wow no clue the fill was gonna be so horrid....i didnt feel the needle at all....the pressing was very uncomofrtable! she took out 0.5mls that was in my band and said lets see how much ur band can take.... she took ages and everytime she put some in i felt it in my ears and it felt like someone was strangling me..was a very odd sensation!! she got 4.5mls in...defo can feel it but lets see how it goes in the next few weeks.

i told her i have been feeling really dizzy and she took my BP whch was 91 over 68.....low....so told to up the water. on the way back was hungry so had a frappucino with skimmed milk and no creme.....om nom nom! very scrum.having a shake now..its like 125kcal.... liquids is boring but do-able and should get the weight to shift fingers xd.

gotta get to the gym next week (not going this week....have very heavy periods...messy business!!)

went to a few weddings over half term...and actually had a blast....showed off my outfits and felt so comfortable (apart from last one where i was worried about wearing light coloured clothes with periods...wow my post has mostly beeen about my periods...gross!) anyways was nice getting dressed and when catching a glimpse in the mirror not feeling repulsed.

love love love Russel...anyone who is thinking about geting the band..think no more...get it done its awesome!!im in the 13s...i can get my engagment ring on and a few more stones and ill be in every shop! even now i can go to a few shops and abuse husband's credit card!!

xx

Back