• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consultation with surgeon

JoeH

I'm due my consultation this week with my surgeon and feel the nerves kicking in. Need advice from anyone that's been there; what it entails etc...

Any comments would be welcome. Thanks.

By the time I got to the surgeon, I had had every possible test and it was just a case of him pointing out the pitfalls and answering any questions I had, and I had a fair few.

Good luck,

its completely easy n stressfree ...i dont think mine had more than 5 mins to spare ...made me cry goin on about my weight ..felt awful when i left there but determined not to put on any weight as instructed and i havent

Are you given your op date at the consultation? Is it decided then what op you're having? Anyone?

They will discuss which op is best for you but you can make the final decision its your choice but I went with what they said would best suit me. Good Luck Joe

i think op dates r generally sent by post .u normally just agree on wot op u want and sign the first stage consent form .second stage completed on surgery day .best of luck to u

Are you given your op date at the consultation? Is it decided then what op you're having? Anyone?

think all op dates are given differently at different hospitals its the Anethitist that gives us our dates at Walsall

Pre nerves for nothing. All explained clearly, and concise. Still crack on with diet and I'll have the bypass sometime mid-late January. Surgeon pleased with 11 kg weight loss as was dietician. Woo-hoo!

well done Joe keep up your good work.

Thanks Lee. I've just had written confirmation sent for my endoscopy 12th Dec. So things are now looking as though things are rolling.

Back