• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new and needing help please!

blossom11

Hi there,

I have a consultation next week with a consultant at Claremont hospital sheffield.

Feeling frightened about WLS but needing a tool to help.

I'm seeing Dr Ackroid.

Anyone had surgery with him?

Thanks in advance x x x any support/advice gladly excepted x x

Hello blossom , please dont be scared youve already done one of the toughest things....admitting you need support in changing your life now that has to be a great thing!
These are there to help you reach your goal and I would strongly advise you do loads of research on WLS what type of eater you are and that could lead you to the best option in terms of band/ sleeve/ bypass or other methods out there
I cant help you with the surgeon/ hospital your looking at but im very sure someone will swing by who can offer advise
good luck in the meantime

Just go and be honest, tell your story and see what they recommend for you. Everyones journey is different, this is just one avenue, you dont have to go ahead with any surgery. Ask any questions and have a good think about whats best for you. It took me about a year to decide to go ahead. Best decision ever, but not without struggles and ups and downs..but good luck x

thanks

Thanks so much for your responses.
It certainly is a minefield!! I go from desperately wanting surgery to then being frightened to death!!

It's great to be here to hear others experiences x x

Back