• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Contraceptive pill help!

HoPe*87*

Hi,

I received my letter for my appointment regarding my pre op. It says that I have to inform them straight away if I'm on any blood thinning medication which I can understand but also says the contraceptive pill ?? Does anybody know why?? Xx

some pills induce extra hormones...could be that, but in all fairness they need to know of ANY medication your taking :D

Some of the 2nd generation pill's increase your risk of blood clots and DVT's so depending on which drug you are on they may want you to stop it pre op. x

Some of the 2nd generation pill's increase your risk of blood clots and DVT's so depending on which drug you are on they may want you to stop it pre op. x

your answer makes much more sense than mine lol

MissyMustDoIt said:
some pills induce extra hormones...could be that, but in all fairness they need to know of ANY medication your taking :D

Yeah going to give them a ring tomorrow just worried they might postpone my op as it's only 12 days away and if I'm on any meds they might want me to be off them longer :( fingers crossed all is ok xx

OOnion said:

Hope all will be ok and my op won't be post poned :( xx

they just need t knowwhich ones you are on.. im on cerazette and they said just dont take one on the day of surgery which i never... no idea what difference that made! lol

You should be fine Missnonsmoker!! I would assume you would be on a low risk 3rd generation like Cerezette anyway due to your BMI so that should make no difference! Good Luck xx

I was asked to stop taking my mini pill 6 weeks prior to my op. They said this was to avoid the risk of blood clots.

If you have had your pre op assessment they should know all the meds you are taking including any contraceptive medication.

If it was me I would give them a ring to clarify the situation :) x

OOnion said:
You should be fine Missnonsmoker!! I would assume you would be on a low risk 3rd generation like Cerezette anyway due to your BMI so that should make no difference! Good Luck xx

Awwwh that made me smile :) :) :) :) thank you!! yeah I'm a nonsmoker!! It's been 12 days and hasn't bothered me at all!! Yeah I'm on that cerezette so should be ok. Thanks again xx

Thanks everyone I can sleep easy now lol, I'l ring them tomorrow and let them know all my meds and get back to you but fingers crossed it should all be well :) xxx

Plus if u have a bypass there not keen on you taking any of the different pills after it cos there not sure how much or how well its absorbed after bypass, but your having a band arnt you? So its probably because of dvts Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Tonibones10 said:
Plus if u have a bypass there not keen on you taking any of the different pills after it cos there not sure how much or how well its absorbed after bypass, but your having a band arnt you? So its probably because of dvts Xx

I'm having the sleeve hun so will that be the same as the bypass? Xxx

It depends if you have a duodenal switch too hun sorry I didn't see this when you replied but I've been told because I wont absorb things the same I won't be able to have the pill, if you just had the sleeve you should be fine but talk to the doctor first xxx

omg i didnt tell them that i have the implant??should i?didnt think i needed to as im not taking any medicine s etc x

You should be fine for the band Tracy as it's a far lower risk op, tell them anyway so they don't put the blood pressure cuff over it and move it! You don't want to be loosing all the weight from your band to then find you put it all back of cos your pregnant!! xx

that would be just my look onion lol ill tell them at my pre op..whenever that maybe xx

Back