• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Meds - Maybe a silly question???

xxpigsgalorexx

I got my appointment for pre op on 2nd November, the letter states I have to let them know ASAP if I am taking the contraceptive pill, which I will do on Monday. Will I need to stop this prior to my admission, no big sticks if I do but as I am only 24 days aways from surgery if I have to stop taking it I would rather do so sooner rather than later! ;) x x

OOOh ... don't know this one, Anna. Sure someone will soon but if not they will tell you next week .. good luck, sweetie xxx :):)

Normally hospitals ask you to stop taking the contraceptive pill 2 weeks pre any op (and use another suitable method) as there is a slightly increased risk of blood clots during surgery.

Good luck with your pre-op appointment,

Tatiana

Normally hospitals ask you to stop taking the contraceptive pill 2 weeks pre any op (and use another suitable method) as there is a slightly increased risk of blood clots during surgery.

Good luck with your pre-op appointment,

Tatiana

Thanks.... the Nurse is me, said that but not used to having ops so wasn't sure and no longer work in an 'acute' setting lol..... thought it best to ask x x

Was in acute setting until 6 months ago and add to that I used to be a theatre nurse so know these strange things - now a lady of leisure until after my surgery so gradually losing touch!

Tatiana

Was in acute setting until 6 months ago and add to that I used to be a theatre nurse so know these strange things - now a lady of leisure until after my surgery so gradually losing touch!

Tatiana

I work in Occ Health :D x

Last job was paeds A&E but now looking to go into something different completely from nursing - after 17 years I've got NHS fatigue and it's not the same place to work that it was when I started back in the day (and nor is my body!)

Tatiana

I had my pre op assessment at the end of Sept and I was asked to stop taking my birth pill 6 weeks prior to my surgery. I got a phone call two weeks later and was asked to confirm that I had stopped taking the pill when requested.

Back