• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help with Ketovite vitamins :)

hayley1983

Hey everyone.

Went to my doctor for multivitamin.

I have real trouble swallowing the "horse pills" like Sanatogen Gold so I've been prescribed Ketovite by my GP.

The only thing is - she said the tablets have to be taken along with a dose of the liquid.

I haven't paid for them yet, because I'm thinking that my prescription is going to cost me £14.40 a bleedin month?!?! Because it's 2 different things. I don't relly want to pay that for a vitamin :eek:

So my questions are - Does anyone here take Ketovite tablet AND liquid, and does anyone have an alternative for me that is tiny in size.

Ketovite is the same-ish size as my contraceptive pill which is very easy to swallow.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

I don't know what's in your tablets, but I just buy Bassett's chewable multivitamins. Just had blood test and all vitamins seem in order. x

Over the counters like bassetts are not suitable for post bypass, due to the malabsorptive nature of the surgery. Forceval and ketovite have a mammoth amount of vits and minerals in them, equivalent to taking 10 bassetts a day (plus all the others that aren't included in bassetts).

I've not heard of anyone taking liquid ketovite as well as the tablet though.

I am on Ketovite tablets, 3 a day but no liquid. They are a dream compared to the horse tablets!

Lx

Doesn't your dr mean to take with liquid, like a drink of water?? aren't you on any other medication, I've just had to get a prepayment certificate for my pescriptions(£10.40 a month for a year) or else i would be bankrupt!!! x

I looked up Ketovite online & it mentions Ketovite liquid they are taken together for complete supplimentations.

Last edited:
Doesn't your dr mean to take with liquid, like a drink of water?? aren't you on any other medication, I've just had to get a prepayment certificate for my pescriptions(£10.40 a month for a year) or else i would be bankrupt!!! x

Yeah,5ml a day like a liquid.

My friend takes ketovite but only the tablets :confused:

My doctor looked in a book to read about it because she had never heard of it :)eek:) and said "it looks like you have to take the liquid in conjunction with the liquid".

I'm not concerned about taking both, but I'm on a tight budget paying for 2 pecriptions a months, however I dont want my health to suffer :(

xxx

Buy a presciption exemption certificate, if you think you are likely to have more than 13 scripts in a year, you'll be squid in. Ask for the calcium and iron too, and you def will be! Mine paid for itself within a month lol

Back