• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tomorrow is Dday - X-ray, leaking check, muscle check and maybe a refill!

top_kat

It seems to have been forever that I was last getting my band checked and when they decided to give me a complete defill.

My band has now been totally empty for 7 weeks.

Tomorrow, I am venturing up for my X-ray check - they are going to do various checks to see if the band has slipped or moved, to see if it is causing strangulation on the stomach, and also to see the movement of the muscles. My GP believes that the muscles have become too sluggish as a result of the band and as such, its causing food to "sit" in my stomach causing the sickness.

Thankfully the meds have eased the acid, but it's been a nightmare that the band is just empty.

I am now 20 months post op and it concerns me that I only have 4 months left of my aftercare package and they are going to start be refilling probably in small amounts. I was up to 12.5mls in my 14ml band before it was emptied, I'd had 14 fills and still hadn't gotten to a point of finding a level of restriction. I've always been able to eat all that I wanted in terms of food, which is why it was a shock when they decided that they wanted to empty it.

Then, they still believe it is leaking, so they are going to do a dye fill tomorrow so that if it is leaking it potentially may show up on the X-ray.

I am hoping that tomorrow will bring some answers, but more so some support and help and I will certainly be voicing the frustrations of the time that they have wasted by sending me away for 3 week stints and then telling me 3 weeks isn't long enough to gauge a leak. :mad:

Each time I've been missing fluid. First time 3.4mls and the 2nd and 3rd times I was missing 2mls and 1.5mls. :(

So, lots of tests, hoping for lots of answers, but more so, I am hoping that they will give me something in my band, because this is far from easy. I am hoping that there isn't a leak, that it hasn't moved, as I could be facing further surgery :rolleyes:

Keep everything crossed for me?

Good luck for tomorrow, I hope you get all the answers to sort that wayward band out! xx

Everything crossed ..........fingers and toes :) wishing you all the best, lets hope you finally get some answers and some action too hunni x x x all the best

I'll be thinking of you, don't stand any nonsense! And get those answers xx

I won't LOL Although I am so frustrated I will have to take some deep breaths LOL

Good luck :)

Wishing you all the very best in getting everything sorted

I feel as if I'm going into battle LOL

Let battle commence! I will keep everything crossed in the hope you get some answers finally. Good Luck xx

How did you get on tk :cross: x

So Dr A did a barium swallow under X-ray so he could see how it goes through, check the pouch and the movement. Then he did a fill, defill and refill under X-ray to see what was happening, it appears that there could be a "micro leak" near the port, but he said they are really hard to show up, so I've got to go back in 4 weeks to have a fluid check. Something wasn't as it should be and he thinks that there is a leak - it explains complete lack of restriction.

He asked me what I had in my band and I said 12ml but he said that he wasn't go to refill to that level I was expecting to have to start over. But he put in 8mls then decided to do another barium swallow to check the band, said it was passing through ok so he gave me another ml taking me to 9mls but said that felt quite pressured, yet I couldn't even feel it passing through - he was surprised that when I was at 12.5mls I could still eat freely inc bread, pastas etc...

So back to liquids which I'm going to grab by the horns as I need to get back on track.

Then need to go in 4 weeks, if there's any fluid missing they will then arrange for replacement....so more waiting. But at least I know the band hasn't slipped, there's no strangulation and the pouch hasn't stretched which could all have been playing a part. He said the muscles are working ok so that rules the GP thoughts out too. So, working to resolve the leak.....but more waiting and more unknowns. :(

Well thank god you e got a lot of possibles ruled out Hun that's good news that there no slippage etc! Fingers crossed on your next results! X x x

That sounds quite positive top Kat. If it is leaking will they offer you more surgery free of charge? I'm not sure if i read that bit right?

it wouldn't be covered under the 2 year fill package but I've got a band warranty for 3 years which covers me against leaks, slippages, strangulation and band failure so it would be under that, although would need supposedly to pay for a further fill package, which if it is leaking I will not be paying for ;)

Back