• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Coping strategies

Dandelions

Excessive eating is a negative coping strategy right? So after replying to another post I got to thinking about how I used to over eat as a coping strategy and what took its place.

Guess I could take drugs, drink more alcohol, gamble....hundreds of positive and negative coping strategies have been identified so whats your poison?

http://www.cbhcare.com/files/u2/Coping_Strategies_Assessment.pdf

That's really interesting.

For me, prior to weight loss surgery I could have ticket loads of the negative ones and few of the top ones. Now it's the other way round. So for me everything is great.

But I do know people who post surgery have found they would tick different negatives, but still negatives.

Just in case I do feel a 'negative reaction' coming on, I think I'm going to print this off and see if I can do a 'positive' instead.

Thank you

Shopping and spending. I need to curb it! It's replaced food.
For a while I was feeding everyone and cooking but spending has gone a bit haywire. I have an addictive personality I think!

same here for spending...lucky its Christmas around the corner but I do lurch from thing to thing

one time it was online gaming in virtual worlds as I didn't want to be me I was the persona in game...then as silly as it sounds I went cooking show NUTS everything from man v food to dinners dives and drive ins anything food related ,,now I am at a loss unless I am googling something to do with christmas

For me it was clothes, I bought absolutely tons and my wardrobes were heaving. My courier was literally at my house every day. I ended up realising I had a bit of a problem and sold a load of it on ebay!! xxx

shopping - ive become a bit obsessive about collecting clothes now :(

Back