• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Corned beef!

kirstyd

Hi everyone!

Just discovered one slice of corned beef (sandwich sized) is 8.4 grams o protein! Pretty good and easy to eat x

I used to do a spoon of mash with slice of corned beef and a few baked beans,lots of protein and yummy.

Isn't corned beef too high in fat for after a bypass???

No its fine.I suppose you could wizz it for puree I used it at the mashed stage.Mash and gravy yum!Dont forget sweet potato too.

OOHHH!! All this talk of food!! I can almost taste corned beef now!! I'm on day 6 of my milk diet and finding it really really hard going. Only 15 days to go though .....

I had a corned beef sandwich for the first time in about 8yrs (due to the cost of a tin these days!) and found it really salty than what I remember.
But yes very easy to eat.

I remember when I did slimming world in 1996 it was on the syn free foods!!!!

I eat corned beef too. Like Louisa said, it was always syn free on SW until a few years ago. I don't understand why something was syn free suddenly isn't, so I still had it and lost!! Only have it a bit now, again due to cost, ham or beef the same price these days!!!

I make cornbeef hash... super tasty, suitable for puree stage and high protein. Just boil cornbeef, onion, carrot, and and potatoes, add oxo cube....then puree when soft :D

that sounds really delicious hazimax!! Someone on the forum suggested blending corned beef into tomato soup for the runny stage to give protein. I tried it and it really is yummy, and made the soup nice and thick also..

I'm on mushy stage and I buy slices of corn beef from the deli and cut up small and stir through puréed root vegetable mix. Makes it taste lovely and gives and good protein hit too. Tracey xxx

While I was on the soft stage, I had scrambled egg with corned beef and a little grated cheese. Tasted yummy and a protein hit!

I'm 6 days post op and struggling to "eat"/ drink enough as I'm always full or I'm just not hungry/thirsty. Still getting the trapped wind feeling at the top of my stomach.

Thanks for the tip on the corn beef as I will out tomorrow to get some to mix into my soup.

that sounds really delicious hazimax!! Someone on the forum suggested blending corned beef into tomato soup for the runny stage to give protein. I tried it and it really is yummy, and made the soup nice and thick also..

I did this this evening and although yummy, after a few mouthfuls I felt very ill, had pain in my side and it took about an hour for me to get rid of the wind :( My dog loved it though!

Maybe it was a little too rich for you wobbletogo!! or a bit too thick still?? Your dog must love you though lol!!

Maybe eaten too quick too.

It's hard after years of overheating and wolfing down. Try eating 20 secs then nothing for 20 secs and repeat. Don't eat for longer than 20 mins

Back