• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cost of sleeve

Can't help but I didn't want to read and run ..
There are a lot of Sleevers on here and I'm sure they will be along soon
Xxxxx

Prices vary by a couple of thousand £'s depending on who and where. Also on your weight!

People tend to get a better price going direct to the surgeon rather than using a middle man.

Be prepared to pay between £8,000 and £11,000.

I had mine done in Coventry by Mr Menon, mine was NHS :D

I haven't had surgery yet but I've enquired about prices in Birmingham:

The Hospital Group: £8995
Healthier Weight: £10,500

But as Mazza said above, I think this is dependent on BMI (I'm about 43).

Also check the support package offered - it isn't just about the operation, it is about the support received, guidance, dietician help and also psychological support - I have found the psychological support provided with my package essential and I never thought I would. The operation is on our bodies and not on our heads and we don't know how we will react until after the surgery. Make sure you are able to have that support in place somehow for after the op in case it is required - counsellors or psychologists. There is a lot of adjustment to be made to the new way of eating and it can be hard to come to terms with. That is without dealing with the reasons why you feel you need the surgery in the first place - your relationship with food - does that need to be addressed prior to the operation? Do you use food emotionally as a comfort, or a crutch? Do you binge, or over eat? (I am not asking you to answer this, just to think about whether you need help before surgery to deal with things).

Also, find out what is included for aftercare if something goes wrong afterwards either immediately or 6 months down the line, how will you deal with any issues? what will they cover? Are you limited to a number of consultant visits, or are you covered for a period of time eg. 2 years post surgery?

Or, if you do go abroad (I see you said you would prefer to stay in the UK), would you expect the NHS to pick up the pieces if there were problems?

I've just had a sleeve done last week, it cost me £9950 with the hospital group, you get a two year aftercare package with them. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Hi!

Where did you all have your sleeve done & how much did it cost? Would prefer to stay in the UK.

Thank you
Hi, I'm new here too. Just booked my sleeve through national obesity clinic with Mr Roger Ackroyd at Claremont Private Hospital Sheffield. £8950 this includes all aftercare.

I've paid £10,500 with Healthier Weight... Also got it on finance, so i will be paying a little more then i wanted too but they give you a 5 year care package afterwards. They've been really good to me so far, any questions i've had, they've answered pretty much straight away.

17th Jan 2017 is my date.... eeek!

Lots of luck ! Will be worth every penny .. it's no more than you would pay for a car is it ? And you wouldn't think twice about finance on a car .. your taking out finance for a future :)

Lots of luck ! Will be worth every penny .. it's no more than you would pay for a car is it ? And you wouldn't think twice about finance on a car .. your taking out finance for a future :)

THANKS :):):) Yes, some of my family look at it as I could of paid for driving lessons and a nice car etc... BUT - I am thinking for the long term future... especially as I want to carry children, i want to be at a weight which is safe to do so... I've got friends who are overweight and been perfectly fine with carrying but for me I'd rather be at a better weight than I am now. just wish it would hurry up!:banghead::rotflmao:

I've paid £10,500 with Healthier Weight... Also got it on finance, so i will be paying a little more then i wanted too but they give you a 5 year care package afterwards. They've been really good to me so far, any questions i've had, they've answered pretty much straight away.

17th Jan 2017 is my date.... eeek!
Hi Shannon, I will be also having a sleeve done by Mr Singhal but on 10th JAn. I'll let you know how I get on x

I'm in for 7am as well ....? They must have us in early to complete the rest of the preop,s and registration.
yes most likely. I'd hate for them to say I've got to starve from 2am Monday night to be told I am not having surgery until the afternoon.... Ill be dying of hunger!!!

Back