• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Couch potato to 5K

I could really feel it in my thighs today! Not sure when I'm going to get a chance to do it again as I went back to work today ?

I could really feel it in my thighs today! Not sure when I'm going to get a chance to do it again as I went back to work today ?

I found that too. But only for the first three runs. I ran again a couple of days ago and didn't have much after effect at all. I'm back at work too and finding it tough to find time but was able to do an early morning one by the beach with dog on Tuesday. Been abroad since then (with no internet!!!) but nearly home and hoping to do another early morning tomorrow. We'll see. My flight gets in late and I might decide sleeping an extra hour is much more important! :0) keep
At it! Even if just at the weekend. It really does get easier. And this is from someone who previously refused any cardio exercise. I even had a t shirt that said 'I hate cardio' for when
I was lifting weights in the gym. I'm
Much better with heavy weights but I don't think my joints will take it any more. Well not at the weights I want to lift!

I found that too. But only for the first three runs. I ran again a couple of days ago and didn't have much after effect at all. I'm back at work too and finding it tough to find time but was able to do an early morning one by the beach with dog on Tuesday. Been abroad since then (with no internet!!!) but nearly home and hoping to do another early morning tomorrow. We'll see. My flight gets in late and I might decide sleeping an extra hour is much more important! :0) keep At it! Even if just at the weekend. It really does get easier. And this is from someone who previously refused any cardio exercise. I even had a t shirt that said 'I hate cardio' for when I was lifting weights in the gym. I'm Much better with heavy weights but I don't think my joints will take it any more. Well not at the weights I want to lift!

A beach and a dog - I'm so jealous!

I was just looking at your profile Maggy and it's amazingly similar to mine. Similar start weight, same op on the same day! You're a bit more ambitious with your goal than me though!

I was going to do my 2nd run on Saturday but the weather looks a bit dodgy! I suspect I may be a fair weather runner - I hate getting wet.

I was just looking at your profile Maggy and it's amazingly similar to mine. Similar start weight, same op on the same day! You're a bit more ambitious with your goal than me though!

Lol. We're twins! I bet you're not as short as me though. That's the only reason my aim looks ambitious. That's what I have to get to to be 25 BMI. I'm 5'1 if I stand tall!

Let's keep each other on track. If I can find some dry spells tomorrow I'm going to run. Otherwise it's Sunday. You too??

My main goal is to climb Ben Nevis in April. I'm worried about getting any strain or injury if I start running and not being able to do my climb. I'm planning on signing up for our local 10k in September and start the training in April once I have conquered my wee Ben

Totally understand that Kirsty! Would be silly to scupper the climb.

Great respect on that btw. I can't do hills at all. Nearly wrecked my run this morning by starting a path I didn't realise had hills! Just can't manage that. Yet :0)

Hi Maggy! Not much taller - 5ft 2 and a half! Well I managed to do my second run before it snowed!! You're right it was a bit easier this time and I don't think my thighs are so tight. I might even do it again tomorrow if the weather holds.

Well done Pippa!!!!! Hope you're not too sore tomorrow. I'm doing day 6 tomorrow. Should have been last week but I figure doing it at all is good :0)

Well I joined you guys. Went to the gym today with my friend who runs 10k races. She talked me into using some of the state of the art equipment. Some of the treadmills have a virtual trainer. I went through a 20 min jogging programme. Slow jogging mostly...could have power walked quicker with about 3 minutes at 5 miles per hour. I had already walked the dogs and done some weights. I'm sitting here like rubber lol

Woo hoo! Fantastic Kirsty! I need to find one of those machines for rainy days :0)

Can I ask a question on the eating front. As basic as 'what do you eat?' I'm struggling to lose at the moment and think I'm probably eating too much. I'm using myfitnesspal to record everything but I'm not really sure what my benchmark should be.

Back