• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Couch potato to 5K

Who said romance is dead ;-)

You can hold hands while your running Maggie xx

Great weight loss Pippa. Wish I could have some of that xxx

Lol Kirsty! Actually it was more watching his arse wiggle as he did his cross training on the machine in front of me. Cute buns. :0)

Now I just need him planking with me and we'll be arrested!

Talking of... I'm well into the planking challenge now. Did day three yesterday. 40 seconds or was it 35? Anyway my abs feel it today so it must be good. A rest day today then on again tomorrow. And maybe a run?!

Great going girls. Your keeping the side up. I think Dave and dreamer have joined you in the plank challenge. You will all have sculpted abs, and I can bask in your glory xxxx

Well done pippa!

And thanks Kirsty!

No running for me this week. Work is just horrendously busy. But I'm planking - up to 50 seconds now

Been seeing stuff about a Manchester catch up. Would love to come!

And anyone out there over 50 and past the big M? Mine was a bit early because of surgery for endo but I thought I'd gotten over all that but now I'm getting hot flushes again! And no Mr Galloway as an excuse! ;0) Could it be weight loss?

Woohoo! Just booked a holiday :0) A creativity cruise off the coast of Turkey. Arts and crafts in the morning, swimming and reading in the afternoon. Heaven! And great motivation for diet and exercise. I want a swim suit worthy bod by July!

Omg Maggy! We really are twins! Crafting is my hobby as well! I have a roomful of crafty goodies but a crafty holiday would be divine!

Lol, Pippa :0) yes, I have varying half finished crochet and sewing projects all over the house. Pastels and paints in a cupboard somewhere. And my lovely sewing machine in my study. Not used as much as I'd like but it's there when I want it. Can't wait for the holiday!!!!

Ok. So exercise. I have literally not had time to turn around this week. Partly a horrid migraine that has dogged me all week and partly loads of deadlines. So today is a rest day. I might run today but definitely tomorrow if not. But I'm going to repeat week 3. I don't think I'm ready to move to 3 minute runs yet. When I did the 2.5 I nearly died! Lol. I've been keeping up with my version of the plank challenge and I can do 50 seconds. And lost 2lbs this week. Only 4 lbs away from cracking the 200lb barrier. I have goals in lbs, stones and kilos!!! A little daft but keeps me going. :0)

How are you doing?

Well I wimped out of joining Chris (oh) on the parkrun as it was snowing! I'm a fair weather runner as I particularly hate getting wet. I think I was a cat in a previous life! Anyway, it then stopped snowing and I wish I'd gone especially as my 9 year old completed the 5K. So I went out and did day 6. It's taken me 3 weeks as I struggle with doing it 3 times a week. The first 90 secs of running was torture but then I got into a rhythm and then really enjoyed myself. It definitely stimulates the endorphins. Had a slower loss this week after my 4lbs last week but I'm now just under 90kg which was my first mini target. I also work in all units of mass - whichever sounds the best at the time! I'm now desperate to get into the 13 stones as I haven't been there for a very long time!

WTG Pippa. Under 90. That's fab!!! More 'twin'ing today. I did day 6 again. As I said I'm going to follow this in a way thAt work for me. You can bet I wouldn't be out there in the snow! Just glad I joined the gym where it's warm. Too warm once I've been exercising. Lol. And WTG pippa's boy! 5k is pretty massive for a little man. :0)

Pippa why don't you hire one for a couple of months. I have a bike and a cross trainer AKA clothes horses. But they were used zealously in the beginning. I would hire!

You could have a look at this organisation. But I'm sure if you google you will find someone locally

Attachments

• image-520800243.jpg
    image-520800243.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Kirsty! Hope you're feeling a bit brighter. Have you got any sunshine up there?

Maggy! I just did day 7. Thought I might die when it said jog for 3 minutes but the first one wasn't too bad (the second one, on the other hand was a killer!). How are you doing? Any let up from work? I'm intrigued to know what you do! Sounds quite full on.

Just to let you all know i jogged on the tread mill even if it was for three mins!! Keep trying haven't done that for years.....

Just to let you all know i jogged on the tread mill even if it was for three mins!! Keep trying haven't done that for years.....

Well done Sharona! I did the 3 minutes and I thought I was going to die! It didn't sound very long but in reality......! Oh well I guess it will get easier. Doing it again on Saturday as long as it doesn't snow!

Back