• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Could anyone help me plz???

treaclenic

Have got a letter today off my doctor after he referred me for bariatric surgery it's says
On behalf of NHS Bradford and Airedale, I am pleased to confirm that your recent request for bariatric surgery for your patient has been approved. This can be undertaken at a range of providers at your patients choice:
BRI
Leeds teaching hospital
Calderdale and Huddersfield hos
Spire Leeds hospital
Mid Yorkshire hospital
Please refer your patient to the general surgery team
This is the letter what I was wanting help is have I Defo got a go ahead or is it still a maybe?and what hospital do you all think would be the best hospital to go to I would be very grateful for your help thank you xx

Sorry I can't help on hospital choice as I'm in south Yorkshire , so I come under Sheffield, but I'm sure there will be others on here who can advise you on hospital.
Reading what your letter says though, it seems to me that you do have the go ahead for your op:)
Good luck and keep us updated with your progress.
Em xxx

Do your research...look into which hospital is best for the surgery you want...which is closer perhaps to home...which has a shorter waiting list...which has good aftercare....and check out the surgeons that work at each....The world is your oyster online!

Bluebutterflier said:
Do your research...look into which hospital is best for the surgery you want...which is closer perhaps to home...which has a shorter waiting list...which has good aftercare....and check out the surgeons that work at each....The world is your oyster online!

How do I find out all this I'm abit clueless wen it comes to the net how do I find out how long the waiting lists are plz?thank you very much for your reply :) xx

Ok...firstly what are you hoping for a gastric band, bipass, sleeve, wrap, baloon what....or dont you know?

Bluebutterflier said:
Ok...firstly what are you hoping for a gastric band, bipass, sleeve, wrap, baloon what....or dont you know?

I started off wanting the band then the bypass but a lot of ppl sorted of talked me out of them two me and my partner have read up a lot on all gastric surgery I really wanted the wrap but was told they didn do that on the NHS?so I read up a lot on the sleeve but just don't no I am very scared but no I have to this for my health and do I can have my opp to sort out my knee as I've been on crutches on and off for near 3 year coz of the problems with my knee I just don't no what to do for the best?xx

Thats all I can find right now...perhaps call or look at each hospital online and look up Bariatric surgery or Obesity surgery etc...and look into it that way...

Bluebutterflier said:
Thats all I can find right now...perhaps call or look at each hospital online and look up Bariatric surgery or Obesity surgery etc...and look into it that way...

Yeah my partners doing that now is there anyway to find out how lob the waiting list is in each te hospitals I have to choose from?thanks for that xx

I started off wanting the band then the bypass but a lot of ppl sorted of talked me out of them two me and my partner have read up a lot on all gastric surgery I really wanted the wrap but was told they didn do that on the NHS?so I read up a lot on the sleeve but just don't no I am very scared but no I have to this for my health and do I can have my opp to sort out my knee as I've been on crutches on and off for near 3 year coz of the problems with my knee I just don't no what to do for the best?xx

NHS do the sleeve yes...but it depends on yout pct - primary care trust and what they will allocate for your funding....

Yeah my partners doing that now is there anyway to find out how lob the waiting list is in each te hospitals I have to choose from?thanks for that xx

Phone each of them, and ask....say your thinking of their hospital for bariatric surgery, can you tell me approximate wait times etc...

Bluebutterflier said:
Phone each of them, and ask....say your thinking of their hospital for bariatric surgery, can you tell me approximate wait times etc...

Thank you very much for your help what area are you in and what surgery you having?xx

Bluebutterflier said:
Ive just come outta hospital 3 days ago, Had a Band done on the NHS.....at Chichester.

How's it all going I stil haven't decided which to have think I will see what they say when I go for my first appointment I'm assuming this is what you discuss in your first appointment?all the best to you and thanks again or replies :) x

I would want to know each hospitals... Waiting times, Theatre cancellations in the last year, Mortality rate, MRSA rate and who their Bariatric surgeons are. Then you can do some more research on her regarding the surgeons and then make an informed choice. Good Luck xx

Thanks both of you on your reply I have found this very helpful on here everyone's so nice friendly and helpful thanks again just hope I don't have to wait too long!an can you just ring the hospital and find out how long the waiting list is yea?thanks again:) x

Back