• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Could anyone help me plz???

How's it all going I stil haven't decided which to have think I will see what they say when I go for my first appointment I'm assuming this is what you discuss in your first appointment?all the best to you and thanks again or replies :) x

I always wanted the band...I had looked into all of them and decided it was the right choice for me. When I went for my consultation at the hospital, I got to meet about 6 different people, including the surgeon, dietician, pyschotherapist etc (you will too)....you talk to each of them about what you want or whats best for you....they give you info...you wait for a while, they all go off to discuss your application and then take you in a room to tell you the decision.
Luckily I had a lunchbreak while they discussed me. And when brought back, the surgeon told me the good news....

Yep im doing well, best thing ive ever done...even with the band in and it not filled yet (first fill in 4-6 weeks as you have to heal after surgery)....I still feel some restriction.
But remember whichever one you decide upon, you have to give it you 100% effort...as you have to do a pre-op diet, to shrink your liver, as your stomach is so close to it, when the operations done, that it needs to be smaller. So you have to stick with it...then after the operation you then have to go on liquid/sloppy diet...which is soups, yogurts, jellies, things like that...so that you dont damage your stomach while its healing....so its a lengthy process of weeks of dieting to stick to the new way of life.....

Bluebutterflier said:
I always wanted the band...I had looked into all of them and decided it was the right choice for me. When I went for my consultation at the hospital, I got to meet about 6 different people, including the surgeon, dietician, pyschotherapist etc (you will too)....you talk to each of them about what you want or whats best for you....they give you info...you wait for a while, they all go off to discuss your application and then take you in a room to tell you the decision.
Luckily I had a lunchbreak while they discussed me. And when brought back, the surgeon told me the good news....

Yep im doing well, best thing ive ever done...even with the band in and it not filled yet (first fill in 4-6 weeks as you have to heal after surgery)....I still feel some restriction.
But remember whichever one you decide upon, you have to give it you 100% effort...as you have to do a pre-op diet, to shrink your liver, as your stomach is so close to it, when the operations done, that it needs to be smaller. So you have to stick with it...then after the operation you then have to go on liquid/sloppy diet...which is soups, yogurts, jellies, things like that...so that you dont damage your stomach while its healing....so its a lengthy process of weeks of dieting to stick to the new way of life.....

I think I want the sleeve but will see what they say when I go for my first app eeekkk just can't believe I've been accepted its the best news I could of ever got coz I really didn think they would accept me and well done to you and I will Defo put 110% effort in :) xx

I've been looking aswell and it seems we are really lucky in this area. Everyone has great things to say about all options but especially Leeds and bradford. What a minefield. Theres just so many things to consider. If you want a wrap then the sleeve would be the best comprise but i am going to wait and see what the doctor suggests for me xxxx

yviec1972 said:
I've been looking aswell and it seems we are really lucky in this area. Everyone has great things to say about all options but especially Leeds and bradford. What a minefield. Theres just so many things to consider. If you want a wrap then the sleeve would be the best comprise but i am going to wait and see what the doctor suggests for me xxxx

I didn no they did the wrap on the NHS do they?but yes I feel very lucky and yes I 2 am going to see what they suggest to me too think its best way to be honest :) xxx

I don't think they do the wrap but the sleeve is the most similar operation xx

Well I've finally choose my hospital going to go to the BRI as I've heard nothin but good comments and think I'm Defo going to go to the support group in Bradford on Wednesday just can't wait for my journey to begin :) hope all is ok and good day to you all and thank you to everyone who ha replied to my post I've got a lot of info on her and continue to speak to all you wonderful people out there I've been made feel so welcome to the site so thanks ever so much and look forward to sharing my journey with you all :) xxxx

Back