• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

could really kick myself

julieann

well, ive had my first really bad day with food since having my band fitted in november. I started off well this morning with the usual porridge and was fine up until lunchtime and then things seemed to go downhill from there on. My job as a court usher can be quite stressfull at times and today was one of them and i cant believe that i turned to food to cope with the stress of the job. It isn't the quantity of food that ive eaten because i missed lunch and dinner because i was so tired but the rubbish that ive eaten to replace the missed meals. Has this happened to anyone else because i coulsd really kick myself at the moment. j xx:mad:

hey tomorrow is another day and you can get stright back on the horse and carry on. At least you have realised wht the problem is and that makes you turn to food. Maybe you could keep some fruit or something in your bag or locker so that can take to edge off missing lunch then you probably wont need to turn to food in stress. Also have you got a close friend you can ring or text in you rfree time when you are eating crap so that you are distracted telling them why you are stressed rather than eating? hope this helps.

Thanks tesmaralda, i'm sure i will get back on track tomorrow, its just been a really bad day not nice cases in court and i think we all need a bit of a release valve sometimes, ive just got to learn not to use food as my release valve

Its really good to know that there are some lovely people on this site to chat to, its a real comfort, and as for the job, even though i have been doing it a year now i'm still learning to harden up with my emotions, which still proves difficult at times.

I had a bad time last week. It was the anniversary of a very bad time in my life and I always let it get to me every year! I need to harden up too!! Its over and i should get over it. Anyway just think tomorrow is another day and eat sensibly. We all have our bad moments but if we try hard and use a lot of willpower we can all get through this. You can do it julieann, believe in yourself. Take care R x

Back