• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you enjoy food?

LBD

I know that is a daft question but I have just stuffed my face with some popcorn and chocolate and afterwards I asked myself whether I actually enjoyed it.

To be honest I didn't. In all honesty I can't remember the last time I ate something that really satisfied me or made me go yum!

I feel like an addict trying to get a kick and never being able to find it despite what I eat.

I think because just about any food is available to me it just doesn't give me a kick any more. Does that make sense?

The question is why do I still do it? Why do I still think I need to eat all the unnecessary crap? Why can't I stop and think?

I long to enjoy food again and I would be interested to know whether people who have had WLS are able to enjoy the food they eat or has it become a chore because you have to think about it the whole time?

I know how you feel, this week is my last week before i go on the pre op and a few times this week iv thought what food do i really want because it may be a while before i have it again , and i couldnt think of anything i really really wanted. Last night i had a chinese and looked forward to it but when id finished i didnt have that mmmm just what i wanted feeling, im looking forward to eating food for fuel and to feel that what food i have it needs to count so not to waste the calories on things that will do me no good x

It is interesting that you mentioned popcorn and chocolate. Now that I am supposed to be eating sloppies as I am 2.5 weeks post-op, the hardest thing is missing the different food textures. The popcorn & choc being different textures.

Good luck with your journey and make the most of pre-op time but you will be able to have most of what you are eating now, just smaller quantities. It just takes time.

John

I think sometimes the joy of food is the naughtiness....

I know when i was on my 6,468th diet (joke but one of many) if i did treat myself once in a 'blue moon' and maybe have dessert after a meal out i really enjoyed it. But when food is just another meal and not forbidden it loses a lot of the attraction.......

Does this make sense? xx

I really really enjoy my food and Im 7 months out. I never really went off food. I did my liquids, sloppies and soft food stages and enjoyed most of the, now I can eat almost anything (rice, pasta and white bread are no go's) but just cant aeat alot of it! Its great

After the bypass, food has become far more about taste and texture for me, rather than quantity;)This week I made a gorg veggie chickpea, lentil and spinach curry which I can't get enough of:p:pI also did a spicy carrot n lentil soup, with a bit of curry powder in and that was lush too:p
Therefore I do still enjoy my food, but don't use it to dampen down my emotions any more, like I used to:eek::eek:

oooh Sal your curry sounds ace!! recipes please :D hehe Sal x

oooh Sal your curry sounds ace!! recipes please :D hehe Sal x

I was just thinking that too!! please can we have the recipes xxxx

Very good post. I can honestly say i dont enjoy food, i dont think i fancy this or that and dream of eating certain food.
Also after eating some pure crap i 2 often wonder why did i eat this when i did not enjoy it at all.
I have had quite a difficult life starting from the age of 8 when my beautiful mum died of Breast cancer and unfortunately 3 more of the closest people in my life died in just a few short years after.
Sometimes i wonder to myself did i eat and get myself so big to protect myself and stop others getting so close to me in case they died to, maybe it was a defence mechanism to stop me getting hurt. At the age of 41 i still have not figured this out and hope to do this soon.
Am hoping after surgery to learn to appreciate food and enjoy the small amounts of food i will be able to eat.

Before the op I didn't really enjoy food. Unlike my slim friends who would mmmmmm, and yyuummyy about every mouthful of some dessert, I didn't feel like that, I just stuffed it in my mouth as fast as I could because I was always so hungry. I am lluuuuuuuuuurving the stage I'm coming into now, yesterday I had a piece of chicken breast on a fork and nibbled at it like a little mouse, but I truly enjoyed every little bit.

Back