• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Councelling / hypnotherapy

Amberleigh

Hey everyone. Im new to this site and this is my first post. I have my heart set on either a gastric bypass or a sleeve as ive tried every diet going the past 10 years and now am at my biggest weight ever without being pregnant. My family supports my desision however will not give me their full support untill ive tried every option b4 going ahead with the surgery. I'm guessing any of you that have tried hypnosis or counceling have failed or else you wouldnt have opted for the surgery however i just wondered if any1 that tried the other options:confused: could give ne their opinions on them. Thanks x

I had weekly counselling for 6 months. Although it helped me work through the psychological reasons I overeat, it did not alter my behaviour. I think I've gotten so big now (BMI 44), it's overwhelming to think of how much I need to lose. The most I lost was 5 stone - regained it all & more in 18 months. Therefore I'm having surgery to give me the confidence to lose weight forever. Also downloaded a hypnosis app. It makes me sleep, but again, didn't help me lose weight. Good luck!

I had counselling. But counsellors actually aren't trained to help people with eating disorders and many don't recognise obesity as an eating disorder. Mine was useless. Gave me a booklet on stress.

Yeh thats kinda how im feeling. My bmi is now 41, after every diet i end up putting it all back on plus more. Im thinking that although these other options may help a little, its not going to get the whole 8 stone off i need to lose. Now im worried that if i try them and only lose a little i will be refused surgery so i will have to wait while i put all the weight back on. I need a permanent fix and to take away to opportunity of being able to binge eat when the diet gets boring

Haha booklet on stress? That certainly wont help me. I keep telling my husband when he brings crap food into the house. This is like a food addiction, if i was a recovering alcoholic or drug addict you wouldnt brin alcohol or a bag of cocaine into the house and with the food its the same thing. Infact i think its worse because unlike cigs/alcohol/drugs we cannot live without food so its a dailey battle having to look at it. Thanks for your comments guys :)

I agree with that completely. And somehow, my op seems to have broken the addiction for me.

Well it certainly seems to be working for you. You are doing amazingly well. Im the same height as you and weighing in at 18 stone. I love to see people bigger than me heading towards their goals as it makes me believe even more strongly that if someone with a worse food addiction than me can manage it then there is hope for me yet. Keep up the fantastic work x

I had hypnotherapy it gave me tons of confidence but didnt help me loose weight same with counseling huni and every diet going, so im so grateful to be given the chance to have a bypass :) xxxx xxxx

Things ive tried
Slimming world
Weight watchers
Every fad diet going
Doctors diet plans
Healthy weight teams
Personal trainers
Gym
Swimming
Hypnotherapy
All since I was 15 xxxxxxxxxxx

Wow thats crazy!! I have also tried most of the diets going but like they always say, ive put all plus morr back on. I really cant be bothered to waste time and money trying the hypno and councelling as my mind is so set on surgery but if it will keep the family happy and make them more willing to support me 100% i suppose it'll be worth it :)

Amberleigh said:
Wow thats crazy!! I have also tried most of the diets going but like they always say, ive put all plus morr back on. I really cant be bothered to waste time and money trying the hypno and councelling as my mind is so set on surgery but if it will keep the family happy and make them more willing to support me 100% i suppose it'll be worth it :)

I wouldn't try hypnotherapy huni its so expensive it cost me 40 pounds an hour and I went every week for a few months when I was 16 its brilliant for confidence thats it I still remember the saying she told me which does make me feel good but never helped, I personally dont know anyone who its worked for, my counselling was on the nhs but the lady was rubbish, im 23 (just) and am at my last resort if it wernt for me being accepted for this op id of given up by now xxxx

To be honest i dnt want to do hypnotherapy anyway. All the nutritionist etc seems a waste of time to me aswell as i watch so many of them programs i know what he will say. The problem is i know how to lose weight an eat healthy, its just doing it lol. So him telling me what i already know isnt going to help me

Back