• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Couple of Questions before tomorrow

claire36uk

I am going in tomorrow to have my Band fitted and i was looking through my paperwork what i recieved from Birmingham and what i needed to take in for a short visit ( going to be short i am only in as day case lol ) but i come across a item to take and wondered if anyone else had to take in a razor? if you did can you tell me what this is for please? Also am i able to wear deodorant and be able to moisturise, Sorry for the questions but the deodorant and moisturiser is not on the sheet at all, not even to say DO NOT USE so was just wondering. X

Hi Claire, maybe the razor is reminding the male patients. If you're going in as aday patient then I would'nt worry too much. I doubt you'll feel up to having a shower so just take in the things you need to freshen up for your journey home. Also can I just say, take a pillow/cushion with you for the journey home. If you hold it against your tum it helps relieve pain when the car goes over the bumps in the road. Also it helps if you need to cough.
Good luck for your op and hope you have a speedy recoveryxx

Lots of luck for today! I didn't need a razor, it maybe one for the boys! I most certainly did use deodorant, I am sure moisturising is fine but not on your tummy. If you're worried, just give the team a quick call to check.

I hope you have a swift recovery.

Lx

Last edited:
Hi My provider Re band ,when i had mine done last week had written on pre op handout "no body moisturizer on the day of surgery after shower" Nothing about deodrant which i put on.
I thought it may make you slippy(re the incision) and they use iodene to make area of surgery sterile ? and it may not be sterile with a grease layer.
Only a guess .

Good Luck on your banding :D

Back