• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CPAP or NO CPAP, that is the question!

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
Today I went over to Papworth Hospital, to collect a pulse oximeter to wear tonight in bed to record my oxygen levels, so when I go back to Papworth tomorrow they can look at my readings and see if I still need CPAP. If I don't, I will hand over my machine and all the gubbins that goes with it, and bid good riddance!

I'm not getting too excited though because I have been off CPAP for a few weeks and ive woken up with a few bad headaches, so I may not be completely cured, but if the test shows I'm not as severe as I was (70+ apnoeas per hour!) I will be happy! :)

Today I went over to Papworth Hospital, to collect a pulse oximeter to wear tonight in bed to record my oxygen levels, so when I go back to Papworth tomorrow they can look at my readings and see if I still need CPAP. If I don't, I will hand over my machine and all the gubbins that goes with it, and bid good riddance!

I'm not getting too excited though because I have been off CPAP for a few weeks and ive woken up with a few bad headaches, so I may not be completely cured, but if the test shows I'm not as severe as I was (70+ apnoeas per hour!) I will be happy! :)
OOoooo good luck!!!!! i cant wait to be rid of mine lol i'll be waiting for your post :D xxx

Thanks Caren - it will be very strange having space on my bedside table again!! I will report back! X

Good luck hun...hope all goes well. x

did mine on monday went to st james's, leeds. oxegen level was down but still got the god dam machine she did lower the pressure so will see how i go on,i thought i was going to see the last of it
oh thats a shame Al :( maybe in the future :) xxx

i go to pick up my tester next weds & results fri . i think my pressure needs changing cos i find myself waking quite alot & being in a semi awake state too .
good luck tho hunni xx

Good luck Snagglepuss, I hope you get rid of it once and for all :)

I am thinking of requesting re-evaluating as its been over a year since I got my machine and have lost 9 stone since I first got it and I have started to sleep without it these last few weeks. I am sleeping all night without having to get up for the toilet so I am still getting deep sleep. I have lost 4 inches off my neck. I must remember to ring tomorrow and book in for a re test, I would love to make space on my bedside table if I thought it was safe to do so hehe!!!

min shares the bed with me lol

Thanks you lot! I will let you know what happens! Shame you couldn't lose the CPAP al, but at least you are improving, so with luck you might be able to lose it one day. It will make life so much easier if I don't need it any more, as I travel a lot with work and am constantly having to explain it to airport security! Also I always need electric hookup when I go camping, which is a pain!

Sleeping with it off Gary - they asked me to come off my CPAP 2 weeks ago so they could get a good idea of how I am without it. So tonight it's just the pulse oximeter to keep me company! I really hope I come back tomorrow without the telltale black shoulder bag!!!

Erm Gary, I've just noticed...........your new profile pic.......erm, you aren't having a wee against a tree in it are you? Cos it sure looks like it PMSL!

Erm Gary, I've just noticed...........your new profile pic.......erm, you aren't having a wee against a tree in it are you? Cos it sure looks like it PMSL!

Oooh err, Mr PG ... it does too ... either that or too much bike riding has given you a kinky back :eek: bahahaha xxx

snagglepuss said:
Sleeping with it off Gary - they asked me to come off my CPAP 2 weeks ago so they could get a good idea of how I am without it. So tonight it's just the pulse oximeter to keep me company! I really hope I come back tomorrow without the telltale black shoulder bag!!!

I wasn't asked to come off mine , this is my first check up with it

This isn't a routine check up (they never asked me to come off it either when I've had them), this is an appointment specifically to see if I can manage without it, so they wanted to know how I feel after not being on it for 2 weeks (headaches, waking in the night, tiredness etc)

Ah sorry I misunderstood x

That's ok pandora, I actually asked for this assessment myself, as for the past month or so I have been finding it harder to sleep with the CPAP on than without it, which is the total opposite of how I was before I lost loads of weight! They started by talking me through reprogramming my CPAP with a lower pressure, and when that didn't help, they asked me to come off it then made me an appointment to see how things have been, so that's where I am tomorrow!

Back