• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CPAP - might be a thing of the past!!!!

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
Hello everyone, sorry I havent been around much, but hope everyone is doing well with their WL journeys, whatever stage you are all at.

I've been having a bit of trouble sleeping for the past few weeks, so rang my CPAP team at Papworth Hospital, and they think it might be time to come off my CPAP for good!!! I've been told to stop using it for now, and the week after next I pick up an oxymeter for a home overnight test, then go back and if it shows my apnoeas are gone/minimal, I might be able to ditch my machine for good! I'm so excited! :D

Another NSV perhaps?!!!

Oh - and I've bought a bike, and don't even look like a circus act whilst riding it now!!

oh how lovely!!!! I really hope you dont need it any more! I'd love that to be me lol
Good luck with your bike too :) xxx

Sadly it does mean that I will snore like a troll again, that's something I've been doing since I was a child, inherited from my mum and my dad - there's not a single member of my family who doesn't shake the windows!!!

Caren - what's the latest on your position? Last I saw you were mulling over going down the private route - did you make any decisions yet? x

Sadly it does mean that I will snore like a troll again, that's something I've been doing since I was a child, inherited from my mum and my dad - there's not a single member of my family who doesn't shake the windows!!!

Caren - what's the latest on your position? Last I saw you were mulling over going down the private route - did you make any decisions yet? x
well it was all sorted, i was going with Cosmetic Bliss, but it doesnt look like I will get the money (might be wrong) so i'll just hang around here congratulating others :sigh:

I was able to ditch my cpap machine a month ago after doing the overnight test. Feels great not having to use it any more.

The good news is that I used to snore, now I sleep silently, so you never know you may find that your snoring does not return.

Me too got rid of mine in January and havent snored since i am dead quiet on a night now am back in my bed every night, used to spend a lot of time on the couch not now great not having to use the machine now xx

Its good to hear lots of you stopped snoring too, but I'm not so confident about the snoring when it comes to me - I was thin once and still used to rattle the windows, so I will just have to wait and see!!

Caren that's a damn shame after all of your struggling, if I had the money I'd pay for you tomorrow, I really hope things come good for you, you deserve it.

Its good to hear lots of you stopped snoring too, but I'm not so confident about the snoring when it comes to me - I was thin once and still used to rattle the windows, so I will just have to wait and see!!

Caren that's a damn shame after all of your struggling, if I had the money I'd pay for you tomorrow, I really hope things come good for you, you deserve it.
bless your heart, thank you :) xxx

Hi

I have come of my CPAP as well, only eight weeks post surgery and already sleeping without making any noise at all, no snoring or chocking.

Caren, I see you say your sleep test was inconclusive, did you have that test in Basildon Hospital by any chance, I had one there a few years ago and they said I didn't have OSA but a few years ago I had another one done at the William Harvey in Kent and they showed I was have 40 episodes an hours, typical of Basidon, they treated me for Angina for 3 years and it turned out to be Acid Reflux.

I would ask your GP to refer you elseware for another sleep study and that might help with your wls funding issues as well if you do get a diagnosis of OSA.

Paul

Hi

I have come of my CPAP as well, only eight weeks post surgery and already sleeping without making any noise at all, no snoring or chocking.

Caren, I see you say your sleep test was inconclusive, did you have that test in Basildon Hospital by any chance, I had one there a few years ago and they said I didn't have OSA but a few years ago I had another one done at the William Harvey in Kent and they showed I was have 40 episodes an hours, typical of Basidon, they treated me for Angina for 3 years and it turned out to be Acid Reflux.

I would ask your GP to refer you elseware for another sleep study and that might help with your wls funding issues as well if you do get a diagnosis of OSA.

Paul
the first one was inconclusive Paul, but the second one (embletta) proved i had it, im an official hosehead lol x

That's good news, now you have a recognised co-morbidity have you tried re-applying for funding for your wls.

Paul.

Sorry just seen you where refused funding even with OSA do Does your PCT not follow the NICE guidelines on WLS You do qualify unter them, you should move to Kent, my BMI was down to 36 on the day of my surgery, ok I had 3 or 4 co-morbidities but you should still be ok under NICE Guidelines.

Paul

That's good news, now you have a recognised co-morbidity have you tried re-applying for funding for your wls.

Paul.
where i live, you have to have severe s/a and mine is mild apparently :rolleyes:
thats the reason i was turned down :sigh:

Back