• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cpap question

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
morning fellow hoseheads, my doc told me that my humidifier would be empty in the morning, but it looks the same as when i filled it, is this normal?

With mine, it depends on how high I have the setting. Mine has dial from 1-5 and I always have it set to 2, it takes about 3/4 of the tank per night. If I turn it down to 1 it can take a couple of nights to empty the tank. Also a lot depends on the temperature in your bedroom I find. X

With mine, it depends on how high I have the setting. Mine has dial from 1-5 and I always have it set to 2, it takes about 3/4 of the tank per night. If I turn it down to 1 it can take a couple of nights to empty the tank. Also a lot depends on the temperature in your bedroom I find. X
hmmm mines automatic and the water level stays the same, strange x

So you got your cpap now? Are you getting used to it? Have you slept better with it? Xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

So you got your cpap now? Are you getting used to it? Have you slept better with it? Xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery
yeah i love it! lol

I would not top it up for a few days, and see if eventually it starts to go, and if it doesn't, ring your cpap practitioner cos it might be defective. Does it feel any different using it, or are you still dry in the morning?

I would not top it up for a few days, and see if eventually it starts to go, and if it doesn't, ring your cpap practitioner cos it might be defective. Does it feel any different using it, or are you still dry in the morning?
to be honest i asked for it because i was advised to on here, but i dont think i need it, might take ot off and see how i get on xxx

Mine makes a world of difference to me. I no longer wake up with a stiff tongue!! Ooer Missus!!

Mine makes a world of difference to me. I no longer wake up with a stiff tongue!! Ooer Missus!!
hahaha dont let gary hear u say that!!!

Hi all

What symptoms do you have that needs a humidifier, I have been on mine for 2 years without one and wondered what the symptoms are.

Thanks

Paul

Hi all

What symptoms do you have that needs a humidifier, I have been on mine for 2 years without one and wondered what the symptoms are.

Thanks

Paul
hey paul, its being really dry, some people get cracked lips etc xxx

is this part of the sleep apnoea thing? as i went private i didnt get tested for that so i dont know a lot about it
yeah, a cpap machine is the treatment for sleep apnoea :) xxx

Ring the hospital, Caren sweet :) they will soon tell you if this is normal ... I would have thought it would have gone down a bit after 2 nights use xxx :)

Ring the hospital, Caren sweet :) they will soon tell you if this is normal ... I would have thought it would have gone down a bit after 2 nights use xxx :)
yeah ive been thinking of phoning, i do seem ok though xxx

well ive been playing with it and found that the humidifier wasnt on, so i put it on number 2, hopefully thats ok :D xxx

well ive been playing with it and found that the humidifier wasnt on, so i put it on number 2, hopefully thats ok :D xxx

Doh! That will be it then!!

Hi all

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, I got mine because I was waking up with a really dry mouth and tongue after using CPAP. As soon as they gave me a humidifier to go with my CPAP machine, the problem went away. The only down side is that with the humidifier, the air is slightly warmer, so in the summer it's not so nice!

Back