• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Craving chocolate

Rebirth

Today has been a hard day for me. For the first time since my surgery I had really fancied some chocolate. It's not exactly a craving, more like a persistant mouth yearning. I think it must be due to where I am in my cycle. I did eat a penguin over a period of hours. Yet another first. I would normally have polished off a whole pack of 8 or more. I am so dissappointed with myself that I gave in, but at least the fear of dumping stopped me from having a binge on chocolate. I have to admit though I didn't really enjoy the chocolate as much as I have in the past.

Tomorrow is a new day. At least I am going to be very busy as it is our school fair and there's still lots to do prior to 3.30 when it starts.

M will be 50 tomorrow and the girls have iced his cake which we made along with the Christmas cakes. We're going out for an Indian buffet meal in the evening with the grandparents. I've asked them if I can have the child's costing and they have agreed. It will be interesting to see how I go and how much I can eat as this varies from 3-4 mouthfuls to a small plate full.

Thanks for reading. I am so glad that I have this site to keep my hand occupied.

love

Rebirthxx

Never mind honey. I've also been down this road this week. I do think time of the year could have something to do with it too.
But you managed to make that penguin last all day. I've made a small bar of chocolate last a week!
Neither of us could have done that in the past. Put it down to experience,and tomorrow's another day.
Grace xxx

I agree, tomorrow is a fresh start. If we dont make mistakes along the way on our weightloss journeys we will never learn by them :D XX

I have had cravings for chocolate too since surgery.

I'm a mega sensitive dumper so I have bought some diabetic chocolate.

To begin with I'd have a chunk at least once a day, but I can honestly say I haven't touched it for 2 or 3 weeks now, just don't fancy it.

You can't binge on the diabetic stuff because it'll give you the runs!

Now I know I can eat 2 chunks and no dump, I shan't be in any hurry to buy another bar. I was also a very sensitive dumper immediately pre-op, but almost 4 months post-op, I'm finding I can eat some sweet stuff without dumping.:( Which I can't say I'm terribly happy about as now more is down to will power, but having gone through what I have, I am completely determined to make this bypass work for me. It is still a great tool to have, but now I have to develop the healthy eating habits I should have learned years ago, so that the weight still comes off, and NEVER goes back on. NOW is the time!

Even though i am preop, I have given up all chocolate 2 months ago. If I need a fix, I have a walls mini milk ice lollipop. No fat low sugar, and they have choc flavour. They r lovely and just give you the taste which is enough to take the edge off the cravings.

Thanks all. The craving seems to have vanished now and I'm feeling more my normal self. I'm hoping that it stays away. I think it was due to where I was in my cycle. I hope that it won't be a monthly occurance.

Rebirthxx

Thanks all. The craving seems to have vanished now and I'm feeling more my normal self. I'm hoping that it stays away. I think it was due to where I was in my cycle. I hope that it won't be a monthly occurance.

Rebirthxx

Even if it is, a small bar of chocolate once per month isn't going to stop your weight losses. I do want to eat healthily now; but also 'normally'. My slim friend do eat the occasional chocolate bar!
Grace xxxx

Thanks Grace, it wasn't just a, I fancy some chocolate moment. It was one of my old, I could eat chocolate until it comes out of my ears, binge feeling that's why I was so concerned. I did have a tiny bit of chocolate covered nuts from the German fair yesterday as that was all I wanted. To be truthful, I didn't even fancy it, but my daughter had used some of her spending money to buy it me as a surprise. She even asked the man selling it for the smallest one he had in his pick and mix so I could have it. If it had been a few days ago I think I would have jumped into the container and devoured the lot. I'm definately suffering from PMS though so I'll have to be careful over the next few days.

How are things going with you Grace? Have you fully recovered now?

love

Rebirthxx

Thanks Grace, it wasn't just a, I fancy some chocolate moment. It was one of my old, I could eat chocolate until it comes out of my ears, binge feeling that's why I was so concerned. I did have a tiny bit of chocolate covered nuts from the German fair yesterday as that was all I wanted. To be truthful, I didn't even fancy it, but my daughter had used some of her spending money to buy it me as a surprise. She even asked the man selling it for the smallest one he had in his pick and mix so I could have it. If it had been a few days ago I think I would have jumped into the container and devoured the lot. I'm definately suffering from PMS though so I'll have to be careful over the next few days.

How are things going with you Grace? Have you fully recovered now?

love

Rebirthxx

Oh it's so hard when it's a craving like that, iisn't it? I take it you managed the nut with no dumping or mis-haps? I know what you mean about PMS. I'm sure I'm in the menopause as I keep missing TOTM's, but I do still keep getting those PMS type cravings!
I'm nicely on the mend thanks pet. It's taking some time; which is very frustrating when I just want to get going, but the nausea is mostly gone, I'm eating quite well, I have just a little pain now. The worst thing is almost constant fatigue, but today at last I'm feeling a little better in this regard too.
Thank you so much for asking,
Bless you
Grace xxx

Back