• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Hot Chocolate Recipe!

TR_Wolf

(just call me Adam)
Mister Crolla's Hot Chocolate Shots

I know some of you are foodies, so I thought you might like to try this! This is my own recipe for a "different" hot chocolate, and is so simple and is a wonderful way to start your morning, a great alternative to espresso, or a sophisticated accompaniment to dessert. It works really great in this winter weather, and shouldn't be a problem even for post-oppers as it's only a small drink (say a shotglass size).

NOTE: A little goes a long, long way!

Ingredients:
  • 1 large or 1-2 small dried chillis roughly chopped

(I like to use Ancho Chillis for an earthy & mild flavour, as I'm not fond of really hot spice... but smaller hotter chillis would be great too if that's your thing! Alternatively if the chilli idea scares you a bit, just use half of one, and don't use the seeds. It's not bad, I promise! It's just there to give a lovely warmth, not to blow your head off!)

• 1 nutmeg grated
  • 1 cinammon stick, (or cassia bark) broken into pieces
  • 3-4 star anise
  • 6-8 cardamom
  • 200g 70% Cocoa chocolate broken into pieces (get some of the nicer/posher stuff like Black's, it makes it better).
  • 1 pint of milk

Now the easy bit.

Melt the chocolate. You can do it in the microwave if you want, but I recommend using a bain marie instead.

Pour the milk into a small milk pan, stir in all the spices and scald for about 20 minutes, allowing the lovely spices to infuse.

Strain the spices and stir all that lovely melted chocolate into the milk, then whisk briskly to make sure it's all fully mixed together.

That's it! Serve in shot glasses or espresso cups

I'd love to know what you all think of my recipe, I'm quite proud of it, it's a great alternative to hot chocolate, and after you've had a shot you'll taste the warmth and then different flavours afterwards

I created the recipe back in August last year, but it's best for this kind of time of year, when its all cold, and especially at Christmas!

I'd really love to know what you think of it! :)

Yum yum! I think you should make us all some :)

Back