• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

made insecure by a hot chocolate!

Raynebubble

OMG!! yesterday i had to work... yes a sunday..its should be illegal but we had stocktake!

i got to work and looked in my bag for my options mint hot choc... and nooooooooo! i had left it at home... so i thought ok... i work in a shop lets see what we have.

Home Bargains... as some of you may know is the home for junk food... but we do sometimes have some healthier stuff... and on offer... 5 sachets of weight watchers hot chocolate for 99p.

Now im 10 weeks post op and apart from hot choc options... that is the only choc to pass my lips..

i sit down to drink my ww hot choc.. and the packet says.... MADE WITH REAL CHOCOLATE!!

59 cals, low sugar, low fat etc.. i know i cant dump on it.... but with REAL CHOCOLATE....

now what i want to know is if they can make a hot chocolate with REAL CHOCOLATE, low sugar bla bla.... then why isnt there REAL CHOCOLATE which is low fat, low sugar etc... apart from diabetic choc???

ok if you are still awake after this thread... im now coffuffled cos ive now had REAL CHOCOLATE.. i wouldnt mind but it was horrble... i so love my options hot choc :)

i've never been told i can have options choc :( i would have the mint one too if i could :) do you add marvel to it ?

ooh i have them lol... i have gone off milk big time lol.... but if i have a milky hot choc because i use skimmed milk i add a couple of teaspoons of marvel.... but when i have it with water... i just put a bit of milk in as if making tea.. i dont use marvel then..... ooh the mint one is lush!!

Sainsburys make a no added sugar chocolate which isn't bad, good for those cravings a girl gets!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

OMG!! yesterday i had to work... yes a sunday..its should be illegal but we had stocktake!

i got to work and looked in my bag for my options mint hot choc... and nooooooooo! i had left it at home... so i thought ok... i work in a shop lets see what we have.

Home Bargains... as some of you may know is the home for junk food... but we do sometimes have some healthier stuff... and on offer... 5 sachets of weight watchers hot chocolate for 99p.

Now im 10 weeks post op and apart from hot choc options... that is the only choc to pass my lips..

i sit down to drink my ww hot choc.. and the packet says.... MADE WITH REAL CHOCOLATE!!

59 cals, low sugar, low fat etc.. i know i cant dump on it.... but with REAL CHOCOLATE....

now what i want to know is if they can make a hot chocolate with REAL CHOCOLATE, low sugar bla bla.... then why isnt there REAL CHOCOLATE which is low fat, low sugar etc... apart from diabetic choc???

ok if you are still awake after this thread... im now coffuffled cos ive now had REAL CHOCOLATE.. i wouldnt mind but it was horrble... i so love my options hot choc :)

I am guessing that there was about 0.000002g of real chocolate in it...I am confused what you are now confused about...if I was not confused before...and your were not really confused...then I am now confused that you are confused!?!?
xxx

Oonion..my job is done... i have confused somebody else which makes me feel better for feeling confused lol... i was proud to have not had any chocolate in 3 months...and thought weight watchers had sabotaged that with there real chocolate in there hot chocolate lol.

Sometimes i have water with just a little bit of mik to make it creamy... occasionally i have a milky one... but liquid stage ive gone off milk lol... so having it with water...hot of course.

Shellbell, i will give it a miss as the longer i go without any kind of choc apart from options the better lol xx

Angie ask if you can have options....its a must!!!! nom nom nom xx

I feel a little dim, but what is marvel?

Cheers all.

Julie xx

it's what Rayne is... a Bloody marvel!! xx

I remember it as emergency milk as a kid, always was a box of it in the back of the cupboard in case you ran out of milk, you made it up with water...I have no idea what it is other than powder milk?! Let's hope one of the more sensible ladies/men will answer your question? x

it's dried milk :) you can add it to milk drinks to add extra protein or when you have a brew add a teaspoon to that too i used to use it just in emergencies but it does get the protein in xx it costs between £1 and £3 ish and is in a tub with sealable lid so doesn't go off for ages :) hope that helps x ( and i agree Rayne is a bloody Marvel )

haha thanks girls...never been compared to milk powder before xxx

yeah.... i feel like the cheese string in the cheese string adds... made of milky milk!! hehe

I feel a little dim, but what is marvel?

Before fresh skimmed milk was widely available (think 1970's), Marvel was the only way you could get skimmed milk. It is therefore indelibly associated in my emotional memory with DIET. When I was ON A DIET, I would make up my half pint of Marvel the night before, then put it in the fridge overnight, as chilled it tasted a little bit less foul.

Now that both skimmed and semi-skimmed milk are widely available, I use semi-skimmed, and have done for years. If I ever need to do a milk diet, it's gonna have to be semi-skimmed, or I'll rebel.

Barbara

haha... i wish.... i think my butt is more like a giant babybel

the reason for the marvel is... it adds extra protein without adding the fat. i think you can have semi skimmed on the milk diet x

Back