• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

craving hot stuff...

rachaelh

that got your attention didn't it lol! i'm almost a week in on the SRH milk diet and i'm craving anything hot, i can't stomach the milk cold so been having milky coffee (which is hard as i can't stand coffee either but its better than cold milk!) but i'm wondering if it would do any harm to skip out a yoghurt and have 2 bowls of soup instead as i think that would be much more bearable, anyone know if the ground would open up, or any other catastrophic side effects?

are you not haveing the oxo drink they do lamb chicken and curry ones if it helps i would say no to soup i lose 2 stone4 lb on the milk diet i added no added shugar crusha to it for flavor

no dave i haven't actually might be worth giving it a go the curry one sounds interesting! i tried the raspberry crusha and thought it was awful, i have got some chicken bovril in the cupboard though so might give that a go cheers and well done you i'll be over the moon if i can shift anywhere near that by the 24th!

Why don't you warm the milk up. Don't have soup you will put weight on the liver hun. Not worth the risk x

Rachel,

Try and look out for Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon - next to stock cubes in supermarket - a really nice alternative and only 7 cals for a 5g spoon in a mug of hot water.

Tatiana

Oxo do a curry stock cube which is nice! just cant have a naan bread to dip in it LOL!!

i'm going to have to investigate tomorrow i think! i'm already heading to morrisons to check out the muller lights so stock cubes here i come!

Why don't you warm the milk up. Don't have soup you will put weight on the liver hun. Not worth the risk x

Oh crumbs didn't realise that. One of my diet choices is 4 tins of soup, 4 muller lite yogurts and 200ml semi skimmed milk. Thats what I'm doing at the moment. Might go back on to yogurt and milk tomorrow now.

Kate x

My pre op was, semi skimmed milk, light yogurts and soup,

I just wonder why they are all so different, I'm 4 months post op now, and that pre op worked for me no probs xx

All teams use different diets.It is just keeping carbs low to reduce glycogen in the liver.Which makes the liver lighter,floppy and pliable for surgery.Pre op diet is not for weight loss.

Mrs Quiggle said:
Oh crumbs didn't realise that. One of my diet choices is 4 tins of soup, 4 muller lite yogurts and 200ml semi skimmed milk. Thats what I'm doing at the moment. Might go back on to yogurt and milk tomorrow now.

Kate x

Kate,

As it is one of our options for pre-op diet it is ok to have soup so long as you don't exceed the calories, protein and carb allowances for the day!

Tatiana

My pre op was 4 tins weight watchers soup 4 miller light and 200ml semi skimmed some days i found it hard to have it all but i lost weight had my op with no problems important 4months post op and have lost total of 5 1/2 stone
Have the soup don't make it any harder than you need to. Xxx

Back