• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Craving meat and ice!

bex986

I am just over a week out of surgery and have started really craving meat and ice am beginning to wonder if I am deficient (spelling) in something am taking my vitamins as prescribed.
Also today have been feeling very very dizzy and lightheaded not sure if thats because I am on blood pressure tablets that are a bit to strong now or what have cut the tablet in half tonight to see if its that causing it or not.

It takes a few months to become deficient in vitamins etc but cravings are perfectly normal! Newly post op I loved crunching on sugar free ice pops (and they count as your fluid intake ;) ) and fantasizing about different foods and textures is normal too! I hated coffee with a passion pre op......I drink at least 2 latte's a day now :) x

Why not have ice if you are fancying it?

I am having ice, but was wondering if craving it meant something as have heard craving certain things meant definciency in somethings x

Thank yvessa, I am sure I had heard somehing like that am seeing my dietician on wednesday so will mention it to her, it might just be because I am not eating solids and they are normal cravings but I am already v low on folic acid and vitamin d I don't want to be low on anything else x

Fingers crossed it is just the need to chew something! I remember that craving all too well!

Hi bex
I was craving bacon butties today! Nothing to go with being defficient for me ! It's more about old habits!
Had my soup, and 500ml water so far today, how many cals do you think you are managing ?

Back