• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Everytime I stand up my blood pressure drop

bex986

Am on blood pressure tablets and have already cut them down to half and that helped for a day or so but everytimw I stand up I feel faint and dizzy.
Is this just because am not eating solids and my body not used to eating hardly any calories or something more sinister

I'd get that looked at, I feel very tired and weary but only really felt dizzy once, don't dismiss it Hun get it checked out, you can't mess about with bp xx

Thanks hun am going to ring the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully its a case of my blood pressure pills are working to well! As they havent been changed since well before I started with the weight management team and was at my heaviest!

Thanks, fingers crossed.
will be phoning the doctors tomorrow and see if I can try coming off them to see if that helps x

Also are you drinking enough? I get this when I'm slightly and I do mean slightly! dehydrated.

I had the same, they told me would take a few weeks for my body to adjust to the weight loss. I had always had high blood pressure (probably due to my weight) then it went into the normal range which was just low for me. A couple of weeks later i was fine again. Was just very careful how quickly I got up as ended up on the floor a couple of times. You should speak to the GP tho.

Back