• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cycling - have I got the balls ?

Fat Again

When I lost all my weight previously I used to cycle, only a couple of miles on a Sunday morning, but I loved it. I used to always go with a friend or the hubbie.

Well I've got my baby now so cycling with the hubbie is out of the question as he has to babysit if I go out, the friend can't cycle now as they have put too much weight on, but now I'm losing weight again I want to get back on the bike.

Im currently 15st 2lb and still embarrased about the size of my bum and legs, I'm desperate to get back on my bike but not sure if I can go it alone, will people take the mick ??

I would go out really early on a Sunday morning so there won't be many around, but I'm scared of being humiliated, how do I get over this, and am I still too big ??

I've gotten a bike through the 'bike to work' scheme & was full of enthusiasm until I sat on the bike & then thought 'sh*te, everyone is going to laugh'!! And guess what??!!

NO ONE DID!!!!! Not one person!!!!!! I was amazed & I have kept it up. Even managed a trip out which was 9.4 miles.

Go for it!! We'll be catching up to Mixman in NOOOO time!! Ha, ha

Go for it!! We'll be catching up to Mixman in NOOOO time!! Ha, ha

ooooh a challenge :)

No, go for it. I started on the bike in January when I was 21 stone.

It will help your thighs and buttocks no end. I don't have any spare padding at all on my ass now!

Go for it, people will look on with admiration as you are doing something about it :)

Mixman, I have to tell you my OH is a member of a bike forum & was admiring the progress of someone on the forum. He said 'Jacci look at this bloke, he's gotta spur you on he's done brilliant'. I looked & saw it was YOU!!!! Next day I did my 9.4 miles, I know its nothing in comparison to how fantastic you are doing but from me & my OH, thank-you, you are an inspiration!!!!

Get on ur bike "Fat Again", I'm addicted now!!

Awww thank you J-Mo xx

It's a small world. I think you're the 5th person who has said I've inspired them to get on their bike or get a bike. I'm humbled by it all and have been told I don't give myself enough credit for what I do.

I've just picked my new bike up today. £949 it is and I was feeling dead guilty. It won't cost me that much, about £540 through the cycle scheme, but I was still feeling guilty about spending so much on myself. Then the fiancé just said to me 'You deserve it for everything you've done and everything you're doing'

I agree with your lass!!!! Just think how may extra years she & your family are getting to spend/enjoy with you 'cos of your hard work & determination!!!!

If I had the dosh I'd buy you the bike myself mate!! Take care & can't wait to hear you've managed to cycle over to see her in Hull (if I remember right)!!

i am a bike in the shed weighting for me to stat using after my surgery x

Oh Hull and bike riding - now that brought back some memories:whistle:. I went to uni in Hull and the first year I lived out at halls of residence and used to ride my bike into campus everyday rain or shine. I think that was probably the fittest I have been in my life. I love cycling but at my current weight it is just not an option. About 5 years ago I bought a new bike and went out in the park a few times. I had completely lost my confidence and back it went into the garage where it has remained. Perhaps once I have had my op I will get it back out, get it checked over and try again:)

tranquil

You go for it!!!! Does it really matter what others think?? We are better than that to have to put small minded people first. Do what you want to do. The only person that matters is YOU. If you enjoy riding your bike then who are they to stop you?? Good luck xxx

You get on your bike and enjoy it! I also have a bike waiting for me to get on, my provider says to look at about 3 months post op so hopefully September time i'll be on my bike too!

First person to laugh or take the piss gets run over by a fat bird on a bike lol :) x

You get on your bike and enjoy it! I also have a bike waiting for me to get on, my provider says to look at about 3 months post op so hopefully September time i'll be on my bike too!

First person to laugh or take the piss gets run over by a fat bird on a bike lol :) x

Can you still ride a bike in West Park? If so I may venture out with you - that way if anyone does laugh they can be run over twice:D

tranquil

Can you still ride a bike in West Park? If so I may venture out with you - that way if anyone does laugh they can be run over twice:D

tranquil

I don't know Tranquil, but when i go walking there i'm going to have a look see if i see any signs or if there are any cyclists in there. Although thinking about it i've seen little ones on cycles...

We'll smash em good lol, although it's a bit of a ride from my house to West Park lol xx

pmsl! I agree with Julie, if you enjoy it, do it & sod everyone else, at least you've got the cajones to get on it! If they don't like it, they can look somewhere else, or do what Julie says, run 'em over!

I think you should get on your bike too.

I had a new bike bought for me by hubby last year, so far I have only used it a handful of times as I feel too self conscious, but I am alot heavier than you. I am really looking forward to using it as are my children. They are hoping I am going to go on bike rides with them. I am hoping that I will be able to cycle to work which is about 3.5miles each way.

Go for it fat again.

Back