• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daily Menus - post Gastric Bypass

Alia

Cause I'm struggling with getting all of the things I need every day I was wondering if it might be helpful for all of us if every one post surgery might be able to post a daily menu of what they might eat during one day for example. I'm sure I'd get inspiration from it and will let me see if I really am eating too little.

Thanks in advance

alia xxx

Hi Alia,

Being 4 1/2 months post-op mine might not be that helpful lol.

Yesterday I had -

Breakfast - mini wholemeal sub roll with low fat prawn cocktail (odd choice I know, was just craving it)
Lunch - Sliced roast chicken (on it's own)
Dinner - 1/2 a M&S kids fish pie

great thread.would really help me aswell.could u make fritta with mash veg and low fat cheese on the 3rd week or would it be to chunky.am starving. Anne can't face the hospital stuff .been on vitality drinks and water for 4 days.craving egg and cheese like mad x

Alia im 3 weeks post op and today i have had
200ml water
1/2 an oatibix with 1/3pt milk
coffee
2 tablespoon prawn spread from PG.s recipe surgestions
small glass of OJ
ramikin of egg custard again from PG's recipe surgestions got the same cook book as her
latta
1tbsp each of pureed lamb and gravy, sweet potato, carrot and cauliflower
coffee
and later i will have some pureed fruit and low fat fromage frais
water during the night.
hth
carole

4 weeks post op -

Start of day: Milky tea (300 mils), (counted as 1 protein)

Breakfast (about an hour later): Stick of string cheese & 1/2 apple & pear baby food (1 protein + 1 fruit)

Mid morning: Milky Hot Chocolate (400 mils), counted as 1 protein

Lunch: Pinto bean dip (I'll post the recipe later) with plain yogurt on top (counted as 1 protein + 1 carb)

Mid afternoon: Tomato Basil Meat sauce (on my puree thead) over mashed potatoes (counted as 1 protein + 1 veg + 1 carb)

Dinner: Fake-out lasagne (on my puree thread) counted as 1 protein + 1 veg

Late evening: Homemade vanilla & cinnamon applesauce (on my puree thead)
counted as 1 fruit

Total: 6 proteins, 2 fruits, 2 vegs, 2 carbs

1350 mils water flavoured with some low sugar squash through out the day

I am not this virtuous every day but yesterday was a good day and I got all my stuff in so I thought this would show how it can be done.;)

Yesterday all I was able to eat was

1 small cup of horlicks made with water at breakfast

A tomato cup asoup at lunch time

Half a weetabix with milk at Dinner time

Through out the day, 3 mouthfuls of tropicana, 3 mouthfuls of apple juice and half a glass of water with ice cubes that I crunched on.

Does that seem like enough for some one 11 days post surgery?

Alia, everyone is different with what they can manage. for the first few weeks i was eating very little and even now i am not eating anywhere near what others seem to be able to manage. a good day for me is:
half a banana
half a baked potato with a filling
a couple of spoons of veg chilli
thats still about all i can do in a day. it would be easy to graze all day and i really avoid this but i know that i really am still not eating enough but don't seem to be able to increas the amount.
listen to what your body is telling you x

Wow Tammy, that is nothing compared to what I can eat now!! I am surprised as to how much I can eat, but probably still about 1/4 of what I used to eat pre the bypass!!!
I can eat anything - I have had no problems with any foods!!!

My week day diet is as follows:

06:20 - handfull of vitimins and a glass of water
08:00 - Mug of tea and 2 digestive biscuits
10:00 - Tea or milky coffee - digestive biscuit (if i need it)
12:00 - lunch - Normally either a soup, few biscuits or a bag of crisps
18:00 - Dinner - 1 of either Sheaphards pie and veg, chilli and rice, pasta bake, curry, chicken etc

If i'm feeling like a devil i may have some cheese in the evening, and i have unlimited water, juice, tea and coffee all day

during the day i eat so little as i'm active and all over the place, and to be honest i dont get hungry ! :D

great thread.would really help me aswell.could u make fritta with mash veg and low fat cheese on the 3rd week or would it be to chunky.am starving. Anne can't face the hospital stuff .been on vitality drinks and water for 4 days.craving egg and cheese like mad x
You can give it a go, some people do well with eggs (me for one), might be better to start with a poached egg tho? Others seem to recommend them early on. I had my first eggs with a light cheese sauce which probably helped it go down smoothly. Just go slow while eating so you know to stop if things aren't going down well, and tiny bites help.

Good luck hun!;)

Back