• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daily Multi Vitamin Tablets

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Hi ya,

just about to take my morning medication, now I'm post op, and just undid the packet of vitamin tablets, and I think they have given me them for horses.

They are huge, surely I wont be able to get them down will I. They are Forceval.

Any one else use these and can get them down ok?

They are the big red ones. Yes, most of us take those lol.
They are rock hard so it is better if you put them in your mouth for a minute to warm them up, it softens them. The casing is thick so it doest melt so much that it exposes the contents. I also find it makes it easier to swallow if I take it with a warm drink rather than cold water.
It goes down quite easily really. I am just about to take mine.
Lynne x

They are the big red ones. Yes, most of us take those lol.
They are rock hard so it is better if you put them in your mouth for a minute to warm them up, it softens them. The casing is thick so it doest melt so much that it exposes the contents. I also find it makes it easier to swallow if I take it with a warm drink rather than cold water.
It goes down quite easily really. I am just about to take mine.
Lynne x

Thanks Lynne, but i've seen vets with smaller tablets than them lol

hahahaha....:8855: they are hoooge arent they? but they do slip down fairly easy...

dont let them melt or burst tho... the contents are bright red.... and stain!!!
good luck x

They are in that casing for a reason so they are absorbed slower.I put mine out by the kettle of a night and they seem softer then.

I know when I first saw them I was shocked as I have an issue with swallowing tablets anyway. Gave myself a talking to as I know they have to be taken for like, and I make sure to put the capsule in long ways with a good gulp of water and not had any problems yet.

I don't have those!

I have Dalivit drops to take from next week which lasts about 2 weeks, then I go onto my own multivitamins (I have Centrum Advanced). Also have Adcal which is a giant tablet (for the calcium) which I have to take once a day for life.

I'm sure in Calderdale we are told to snip the tip off these tablets and take the liquid mixed with natural yoghurt or in a little milk. I've not seen them but its with you saying the contents are bright red. I'm sure I will be finding out for sure in the not so far away future lol!!

I'm with you Karen I have the centrum. But chose some chewable ones for post op, they don't quite match the requirements exactly, something is better than nothing and i couldnt take centrum immediately.

I'm sure in Calderdale we are told to snip the tip off these tablets and take the liquid mixed with natural yoghurt or in a little milk. I've not seen them but its with you saying the contents are bright red. I'm sure I will be finding out for sure in the not so far away future lol!!

you really dont need to snip the top and take them like that... you need to swallow them whole..
they are slim and oval so not too much of a problem..
x

I struggled until someone on here advised me to take it at night with a cup of tea - nice and warm - no problems since! Before, I took it in the morning and it used to get stuck and then rabid dog took over!! Not nice xx

I've brought abidec liquid for immediately post-op and chewable for once that's finished by then I hope to be able to deal with normal tablets.

A friend of mine has just let me examine one of these Forceval capsules. They are quite large, a bit similar to antibiotic capsules which I have got used to taking of late.

Can you confirm please are these really are ok to swallow whole even after bypass surgery, won't they get stuck? I think I would prefer to swallow sealed than faffing about splitting and mixing with whatever.

Cheers for your help xx

Yes they are fine. I started taking them in hospital prior to discharge under my surgeons orders and have never had a problem with them. They are ideal for post op being gelcaps as they dissolve down really easily. Most over the counter ones are a more traditional tablet which doesn't break down well as post op it won't sit in your tummy dissolving like in a normal tummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

They may appear to be massive and you might think that they would get stuck but the opening to your tummy is no smaller than it used to be and therefore you wouldnt have any trouble swallowing it.
It is the tummy pouch itself that is smaller and the exit to the intestine which is inflamed newly post op, and the big forcival pill disolves in the pouch and doesn't have to pass through the place of your surgery.
I'm talking about bypass surgery here of course. I don't know about other surgerys.
Lynne x

Back