• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

date with destiny

mywishes

yes yes yes !!!

I've got a date. first endescope on april 21st. then op on 22nd may, the bypass. so excited but nervous too. it seemed to be dragging for so long then all of a sudden I find myself with actual dates and the op in sight! I've been following others on this site for a while wishing them the best in their journey and having ops but now yiiipppeee I'm gonna be an preopper and then postopper too. I feel proud of my status....

Congratulations. The time will fly x

thanks ladies. have two more appts at luton then op. can anyone tell me about the pre op check apt? little nervous for this one. find myself looking at all foods now and what I'm having already. did anyone else find themselves doing this? and I still have smile on my face after getting a date.

Ok so my pre op check at st George s went like this.

Turned up
Hca checked height and weight in corridor.
Went into little room with hca.
Swabbed my own nose and groin for mrsa.
Had bp, sats and heart rate checked
Laid on a bed, top and bra off and had ecg.
Had bloods taken (two phials).
Went in to see nurse.
She asked all the usual - history of hiv, bloodclots, mad cow, sore toe disease etc.
Asked me if I felt nervous on scale of one to five.
Gave me details of post op diet in a pamphlet and off I trotted.

Psych app and dietician I found far more scary. Psych coulda said im too mental and dietician just eat less ans stop moaning.

If u want any more details just let me know.

Xxx

thank you lousarah

anybody would think i was frightened of the big hairy monster waiting to chop my insides
up. silly me. i've bought three new nighties this week and all different lenths and materials for hospital. my partner thinks i've gone loopy! well a lady cant be too careful about these things. its better than buying more chocolate. next it will be slippers. do i get a luggage allowance for hospital? ha ha.

angela

Back